Contribute
Register

Security Update 2014-002 - Includes Safari 7.0.3

Status
Not open for further replies.
First the Chimera boot passes the boot 0 stuff ok
then I see the "Error Parsing .plist file" message and then I get to this:

Chimera shows a generic icon for my hard drive (which is/was? named "Mac") - it now shows as "GPT HFS+"

IMG_3290.JPG

This is the Chimera boot info:
IMG_3292.jpg

This is what appears if I select the -v verbose option:
IMG_3293.jpg

This HFS Signature message seems to indicate that my HD is not a HFS+ volume. Hmmmm, It was before the Security update....

I just finished my very first build (Z87Mav) yesterday (5/6/2014). I started with Snow Leopard 10.6 and updated through 10.6.8 all the way to Mavericks 10.9.2. I was able to get everything working as I expected.

This afternoon I installed Security Update 2014-002 with no problems. I followed the best practices for updates listed near the beginning of this thread. I experienced no problems at all. After the update everything worked the way it did before applying the update (including audio).

Is the video stuttering and jerky? I started having that problem in Chrome recently. What fixed it for me was right-clicking on the video player, choosing Settings, and unchecking Enable hardware acceleration. Reloaded the page, verified it was playing smoothly, then turned hardware acceleration back on, and things have been fine since.

Also jerky video here and audio and video out of phase. It is not only the browser, Also at playback mkv's etc. If anybody has solution more then welcome!
. . or a possibility to rollback de security update

Still running OSX ML,
in order to install "Security Update 2014-002" i had to Update the USB3.0 kext
"Zenith432's GenericUSBXHCI" through MultiBeast 5.5.5

Happy Customac again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back