i5-4570
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi guys,

Have any of you tried FileVault 2 yet? If so, did you manage to have a transparent background for the second stage boot? Cause I only have transparent background with that generic user icon and password field on the first stage boot. That's normal. But on the second one, I only got a black screen with loading bar.

Any idea how to fix this? I'm guessing I'm probably missing something. I just don't know what.

This happens with any OS so far (tried it with Sierra and High Sierra). Not sure that's relevant. But anyway... Also, using Clover.

Hi guys,

Have any of you tried FileVault 2 yet? If so, did you manage to have a transparent background for the second stage boot? Cause I only have transparent background with that generic user icon and password field on the first stage boot. That's normal. But on the second one, I only got a black screen with loading bar.

Any idea how to fix this? I'm guessing I'm probably missing something. I just don't know what.

This happens with any OS so far (tried it with Sierra and High Sierra). Not sure that's relevant. But anyway... Also, using Clover.
See https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/filevault-and-sierra-guide-for-noobs-like-me.221425/
Why have you posted this in Graphics ?

Well, because the issue is related to graphics. :) More specifically, the second stage boot. Using a GTX 650, by the way. No Nvidia drivers needed here since the card is supported OOB.

The issue is not enabling FileVault. It's what happens to the second stage boot when FileVault is enabled. On real macs, it stays transparent, and everything stays the same as with the first stage boot. On hacks, the first stage is fine, but the second one is not. That's what I'm trying to fix. And I thought the Graphics section would be a good place to start. :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back