2 x E5-2643 v2
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
After installing and settling into High Sierra on my Samsung 960 EVO, I then removed it from the system, inserted another NVMe drive (MydigitalSSD BPX) to an adjacent PCI-E x4 slot, installed Windows 10, shut down, reinserted the macOS/960 EVO in it's previous PCI-E x16 slot, and booted to Clover. I then checked that Windows did indeed boot, rebooted to Clover, and selected the High Sierra option.
High Sierra looked to boot normal, but just as it would appear to reach the desktop, the system would reboot back to the Clover screen. Has anyone had issues using another NVMe in their system? This is a system in which I had modded the bios to enable NVMe support (PCI-E slots), and previously had had windows on a sata ssd, dual booting without issue...

Any insights?

Thanks...

After installing and settling into High Sierra on my Samsung 960 EVO, I then removed it from the system, inserted another NVMe drive (MydigitalSSD BPX) to an adjacent PCI-E x4 slot, installed Windows 10, shut down, reinserted the macOS/960 EVO in it's previous PCI-E x16 slot, and booted to Clover. I then checked that Windows did indeed boot, rebooted to Clover, and selected the High Sierra option.
High Sierra looked to boot normal, but just as it would appear to reach the desktop, the system would reboot back to the Clover screen. Has anyone had issues using another NVMe in their system? This is a system in which I had modded the bios to enable NVMe support (PCI-E slots), and previously had had windows on a sata ssd, dual booting without issue...

Any insights?

Thanks...

Are you using patched ACPI?

I have been using the same files that I used to install macOS for the last 6 months, sans the hacknvme kext, then adding the new apfs.efi and fakesmc kext for the update to 10.13.2.

I have been using the same files that I used to install macOS for the last 6 months, sans the hacknvme kext, then adding the new apfs.efi and fakesmc kext for the update to 10.13.2.

No answer to my question in post #2.

Patched for what? Can you specify?

Yes. I had tried several times in the recent past to respond, but I kept getting a blank page when attempting to look at this site...
I went another route: I managed to get the BPX drive suitably formatted, and was able to install High Sierra. though it was again the only nvme in the system. My next step is to erase the Samsung drive, put it back in, and see if the BPX install will boot macOS. If not, I'll use the tools you have provided, and see if that does the trick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back