Gigabyte GeForce GTX 670 OC edition
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi all

This is my second Hackintosh. The first was a breeze, but this time I am using an i3 3240 with Intel graphics (no discrete GPU) and a mini-iTX H77n-Wifi board.

I used this guide for the most part but with Mavericks.

Installation went perfectly fine, but when I tried to boot from my SSD, I got past the typical Apple logo screen, and on to the grey screen that follows that, but then the computer reaches a glitched out screen. Interestingly, I can see my mouse over top of it, but nothing else appears.

IMG_4096.jpg

I have tried both GraphicsEnabler=Yes and GraphicsEnabler=No.
Verbose boot doesn't show much that stood out. I didn't see any obvious errors (it goes pretty fast) and eventually gets to the grey screen, and then the glitch screen.

If I boot with -x I can get through to the desktop and even run Multibeast, but I still can't boot without -x.

I don't know what to try next. Is there a combination of boot flags I should try? Or a BIOS setting I am missing?

Thanks in advance; I'm tearing my hair out.

EDIT: ****, I just realized I got the wrong CPU. I think I can still return it and get the 3225. How did I mix that up?!

The 3240 has only HD2500 gfx. You probably intended to the get the I3-3245 which does
have the HD4000 gfx which will work without a discrete gfx card. Just a tip. The intel cpus
that end in "5" have the useful integrated gfx.

Yes, thanks! I intended to get the 3225 with the Intel 4000 graphics. How did I mess that up! I had it on my list and everything.

Guess I'll do a return and try again!

Thanks

Yes, thanks! I intended to get the 3225 with the Intel 4000 graphics. How did I mess that up! I had it on my list and everything.

Guess I'll do a return and try again!

Thanks

The i3-3225 is absolutely brilliant, I use it on the same board. It's actually in my lounge for media steaming, social networking, and it converts movies with no problems. My most used PC in the house, For the price I don't think you can get better value for money.

Thanks to trs96 and wild willow. I picked up a 3245 and that solved the problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back