Graphics
Intel HD Graphics 4000
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I'm contemplating my second hackintosh. I've noticed on the guide that it refers mostly to gigabyte motherboards. My question is are there any brands of motherboards that wouldn't work??? I know I'm wanting to use either a i7 or i5 w/ lga 1155 socket type. Thanks for any info! :headbang:

nope. all brands afaik work. just depends how well they work, and whats needed for them.

if you stick with gigabyte, asus or msi (even biostar) 7series 1155 boards, you can boot 'dsdt free'. youll have to flash a modded bios on the asus msi biostar asrock boards, but thats not really a big deal.

asrock also works well, but needs a dsdt edit for sleep to work.
intel, supermicro, evga boards also work

Generally, Gigabyte motherboards are recommended because they work with sleep mode and CPU power management in Mac OS X by default. Motherboards from other brands need a patched BIOS; it's not particularly hard to flash your motherboard's BIOS, but some see it as an unnecessary extra step.

When buying a motherboard, make sure it has compatible audio and ethernet codecs. You need Realtek audio, in particular. Realtek ethernet would also be nice, though Broadcom and Intel ethernet works too.

Yeah I'm liking the gigabyte ga-z77n. But just wanted to see what my other options could be. I guess I'll just do more research and see what I want. I don't really need the wifi antennas or the dvi port.

Would the built in wifi work on the gigabyte ga-z77n??? Would I also need a wifi card???

Would the built in wifi work on the gigabyte ga-z77n??? Would I also need a wifi card???
No. Yes. There is a lot of info on this, you can read my build for instance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back