Register

Second Display on Ventura

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z370 AORUS GAMING WIFI
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
RX 580
Hi' all I am running OS Ventura 13.4. Overall the system is pretty smooth, though I am facing an issue connecting my iPad or Macbook as the extended display from my Hackintosh system. I have never been able to do that.

They just don't appear on the settings on my hackintosh, ever!

Second, I have never been able to log in app store too, I wonder if two of these issues are connected. I have no idea. Can anybody please help?

I would appreciate all your help. Attached is the EFI I am using.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-04-14 at 11.13.02 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-04-14 at 11.13.02 PM.png
    109.3 KB · Views: 5
Hi' all I am running OS Ventura 13.4. Overall the system is pretty smooth, though I am facing an issue connecting my iPad or Macbook as the extended display from my Hackintosh system. I have never been able to do that.

They just don't appear on the settings on my hackintosh, ever!

Second, I have never been able to log in app store too, I wonder if two of these issues are connected. I have no idea. Can anybody please help?

I would appreciate all your help. Attached is the EFI I am using.
Using iPad as second display :
Before continuing, make sure that your Mac and iPad meet the Sidecar system requirements, including that each is signed with the same Apple ID.

I have not used Sidecar myself, but according to its requirements, you have a problem as you said you can't log in app store. If you actually are unable to sign in with your Apple ID on your hackintosh, then you can't use your iPad as a second display.

So if that is your issue, you have to resolve it before you can proceed.

By the way, your attachment is a picture and does not include any EFI folder.

Last edited:
FWIW, my Hack will not properly display anything on my iPad Air latest gen using Sidecar. It connects but the iPad's display turns black.
Also tried an USB cable, no cigar.
iPad and hack are both signed into the iCloud.

Back