i7-6700k
Graphics
GTX 970
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey all,

This is my first post ever on tonymacx86 and my second build and I'm running across an issue that I've scoured the internet for a solution and have come out with nothing.

Here are my specs

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5
RAM: 32GB Crucial DDR4
Case: NZXT S340 Elite
Processor: i7-6700k 4.0GHz
Memory: Samsung 250gb 850 EVO M.2
GPU: Gigabyte Geforce GTX 970 Overclocked DDR5 4GB
Cooler: Corsair H55 Liquid Cooler
Wifi: TP-Link 450 mbps
Power: EVGA 700B 80 Plus Bronze

I'm running the UEFI DualBios and I'm using all the same BIOS settings as TonyMacX86 does in his build for his Skylake Hackintosh using the same motherboard as I am
( https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/tonymacx86s-skylake-thunderbolt-3-test-build-ga-z170x-ud5-th-i5-6600k.199242/#Components )

I'm able to set all the settings to the "proper" settings and I'm still getting stuck on the "loading disks" screen in Disk Utility.

My motherboard definitely recognizes the SSD because it shows up in my BIOS...I'm wondering if I'm missing a step or something. I'm also wondering if it's an issue with my settings in Clover or in the Unibeast USB...

Again there isn't much on the internet about this issue and it's frustrating but ultimately I'd like this to be a learning experience and for the build to be complete so I can get to my video editing!

Any help would be appreciated...this forum is truly amazing at what it does.

Thanks all,

E

Attachments

• IMG_7555.JPG
    IMG_7555.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 154
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back