Graphics
Gigabyte nVidia GTX560
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
So my first Hackintosh Lion install was a disaster. Ended up with a kernel panic after installing Pro Tools 10 and couldn't get around it.

Before my second attempt I am going to list the steps I took first time around and if anyone can tell me where I'm going wrong or offer advice it'd be much appreciated. Here we go…

Parts:
Motherboard: ASUS P8Z68-V-Pro/GEN 3
CPU: Intel i7 2700K @ 3.5GHz
VGA: Gigabyte nVidia GTX 560 1GB
RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws-X 16GB (2x8GB) 1600MHz DDR3
Boot: Intel 520 60GB SSD
Sample Library: Intel 520 240GB SSD
Backup: Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm 2TB - SATA3
Optical: Sony BWU500S Blu-ray/DVD/CD burner
Audio: M-Audio Delta 1010LT (PCI) *currently no drivers for Lion
Wi-fi: TP-Link WN951N *Don't think this is compatible, no Mac drivers etc.
Keyboard: Logitech Dinovo Mac Edition
Cooler: Noctua NH-D14
Case: Corsair Graphite 600T
Monitors: 2 x Samsung S27A950D

Background:
I'm an audio engineer and have been building/using Windows systems for about 10 years but I picked up a MacBook Pro for $500 a few years ago with a student deal and fell in love with it. I've decided I want to dual boot Mac OS X for audio production and Windows 7 for playing the occasional game. After pricing an original Mac system with Dual monitors and the hardware specs that I want, and not wanting to wait until the new Mac Pros/iMacs are released I've decided to build a Hackintosh.

My Previous Install (loosely based on deadMETAL's guide http://tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=5 ... 56&start=0 ):

Note: First attempt wasn't dual boot. Lion only.

Pre-Installation:
- P8Z68-V-PRO-GEN3-ASUS-3202_modified.ROM

Post Installation:
- AppleIntelE1000e.kext
- HDAEnabler892.kext
- DSDT.AML (Created by Gronko)
- GTX 5xx Enabler (http://www.osx86.net/view/2074-gtx_5xx_enabler.html)

MultiBeast setup:
MultiBeastSS.png

Known Errors:
- nVidia patch failure error at start up (with 2 monitors plugged in only)
- Onboard bluetooth not showing in Lion. It is enabled in BIOS, the Atheros 7.2.0.65 driver/firmware was also installed in Windows 7
- digidal.kext causes Kernel Panic
- Safe mode doesn't load

Thanks.

OK. So I have installed a second time but now I can not even load BIOS. The DVI port from video card does nothing, the DVI port from motherboard flashes on and off a black screen.

Computer has power but not much else. This was after the MultiBeast stage of install.

EDIT: Fixed. Was an issue with the monitor. Had to unplug it and plug it back in, the power menu and power button stopped working.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back