Contribute
Register

Search not working reliably or am I just not searching well?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GIGABYTE P55A-UD4P
CPU
i7-875K
Graphics
Zotac GTS250 eco
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I was trying to find if anyone had tried a build with the GA-P55A-UD7 board and searched for it and could not find it. Searches for GA-P55A-UD7 or P55A-UD7 return no hits:
No posts were found because the word p55a-ud7 is not contained in any post.

but if I searched for just UD7, I come up with many hits including the term GA-P55A-UD7 :?:

I thought perhaps it was being interpreted as find GA NOT P55A NOT UD7 because of the dashes but quoting the terms does not seem to help and it does report back the correct search string in the No posts were found message.

If you use the Search for any terms instead of the Search for all terms or use query as entered you'll get more results. But of course there may be too many results at that point! :p

Looking at a few ways to improve search on the board. Hopefully we'll be able to make it work really well- and integrate profile search for components. Possibly ditch the whole PHP search and go with Google targeted search.

tonymacx86 said:
Possibly ditch the whole PHP search and go with Google targeted search.
No please !!! Search within results rocks !
May be add it as an alternative...

And if anybody wants to do a google search, it's as simple as adding site:tonymacx86.com to the google search.

I knew it! I was just not searching well... :rolleyes: Thanks for the (obvious) tip that i missed. :oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back