Contribute
Register

Search and Spotlight etc not working after dual boot!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
HP ProBook 6570b (Clover)
CPU
i5-3380M
Graphics
HD4000, 1600x900
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I installed windows on the same drive with mac. booted from the efi boot file. Installed on a partition. Everything was OK. I could boot to mac and windows without any further post procedures(like clover reinstallation and that stuff). Couldnt create new partitions in windows(they won't show up in file explorer even if ntfs.) neither of the OSs can read the other partition(i have Tuxera installed on mac). And now my search and spotlight in mac are broken. probably due to incomplete indexing that is caused by windows partition(this is just a guess) Any help?

I installed windows on the same drive with mac. booted from the efi boot file. Installed on a partition. Everything was OK. I could boot to mac and windows without any further post procedures(like clover reinstallation and that stuff). Couldnt create new partitions in windows(they won't show up in file explorer even if ntfs.) neither of the OSs can read the other partition(i have Tuxera installed on mac). And now my search and spotlight in mac are broken. probably due to incomplete indexing that is caused by windows partition(this is just a guess) Any help?

I'm having a similar issue with spotlight (although I have El Capitan). It's working for listing web results but it isn't listing any applications when I search for them. I have a dual boot system also with two seperate ssd, one for win10 and one for 10.11.6.

Looks like there are a few things to try in the OS before I blame this on my hack build, but I'm wondering if it has something to do with partition format on my windows drive. Tonight I'll try hiding my windows drive from spotlight then stopping and starting the service again.

Avoid software such as Tuxera and Paragon...
See important dual boot info in the guide: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

I found this thread on stack exchange that worked for me in 10.6.11. Make sure to use sudo before the command to invoke root privileges: http://apple.stackexchange.com/questions/24401/spotlight-reports-indexing-and-searching-disabled-in-lion/35073#35073

I think its used when you can never use spotlight from the start...I could run spotlight before dual boot...i just dont wanna risk anything by messing up with clover.

There are links in the thread that have other OSX system options that may or may not work for you. Again, there is a bug in Clover that was fixed in the patch so not sure if there is a choice?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back