2. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
  2. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. Windows Phone
Dear Gurus,

I installed ML into a Seagate SATA3 hard disk, installed EasyBeast but it can't boot. The computer was startup and it went into a black screen immediately after BIOS's hardware testes, no Chimera boot screen shown up. It seems that the system didn't load the boot manager/boot loader. However, it can be booted via UniBeast USB. Moreover, the system can boot with other 3 different SATA2 HDDs without problem.

My hardware components are:
Hard Disk: Seagate ST500DM002 (format in GPT, 1 partition, Mac OS Extended (Journaled))
(http://www.seagate.com/internal-hard-drives/desktop-hard-drives/barracuda/?sku=ST500DM002)
Mobo: ASUS P8H77-i (It can recognize that Seagate SATA3 HDD as a boot device)
(http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/Intel_Socket_1155/P8H77I/)
Processor: Intel i5-3570k
(http://ark.intel.com/products/65520/Intel-Core-i5-3570K-Processor-6M-Cache-up-to-3_80-GHz)
RAM: G.Skill 8Gb
(http://www.gskill.com/products.php?index=355)

Does anybody know the reason?

Thanks.

*remarks: I installed Win 8 into this HDD, it works well with the same build. It was also checked by SeaTools and passed all tests.

Best
Isaac

Do you get when you try to boot?

Boot0:GTP
Boot0:test
Boot0:error

If you do you will have to manually install the bootloader to you hard drive.

Do you get when you try to boot?

Boot0:GTP
Boot0:error

If you do you will have to manually install the bootloader to you hard drive.

Hi jibbie01,

I tried
1. MultiBeast 5.1.3 > EasyBeast
2. MultiBeast 5.1.3 > Drivers & Bootloaders > Bootloaders > Chimera v1.11.1 r1394

In both situations, the system switched to a black screen immediately after the screen below. No any message came out.

Attachments

• 2012-11-16_11-54-55_234.jpg
    2012-11-16_11-54-55_234.jpg
    1,002.2 KB · Views: 333
Looks to me as if BIOS sees the drive, but you are not seeing the OS post.
Are you using the modded BIOS for native power management?
Since you are using the onboard HD4000 graphics, in BIOS, go to the Advanced tab and select System Agent Configuration. Set Primary display to iGPU and set iGPU Memory to 64M. Save&Exit and reboot. Post results.

Since you are using the onboard HD4000 graphics, in BIOS, go to the Advanced tab and select System Agent Configuration. Set Primary display to iGPU and set iGPU Memory to 64M. Save&Exit and reboot. Post results.

isacc_ho

What happens if you but the sata 3 on a sata 2 port and vise versa do you see them post then - could be either something unique w the sata 3 drive like advanced format or something that the H77 chip just dont like w that drive

Do we have other Satra 3 drives to test with,

Also FYI this motherboard has a VIA audio chip set

These are the BIOS settings for the SATA3 and SATA2 HDDs and the BIOS is not modified.

isacc_ho

What happens if you but the sata 3 on a sata 2 port and vise versa do you see them post then - could be either something unique w the sata 3 drive like advanced format or something that the H77 chip just dont like w that drive

Do we have other Satra 3 drives to test with,

Also FYI this motherboard has a VIA audio chip set

SATA2 HDDs can boot on both SATA2 & SATA3 ports but the SATA3 HDD can't.

That SATA3 HDD can boot in the same build when it was installed Win 8. I don't think the H77 chip set don't like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back