Contribute
Register

scrub to hackintosh (M.2 detection and patching kext?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Make sure it's in your /CLOVER/kexts directory, and are you sure you created the kext properly? The MD5 errors you showed us when creating the kext may be an issue...maybe because of your VM OSX environment? Not too sure...

If it doesn't work, you could try NVMeGeneric.kext...:think: Not much of an NVME expert myself.

-Duncan
It is in the folder, I used the clover folder of the tutorial. As for the kext creation, I did as instructed so I'm not sure what could be wrong. Also just tried the generic kext and it still doesnt detect.... Im pissed now.

It is in the folder, I used the clover folder of the tutorial. As for the kext creation, I did as instructed so I'm not sure what could be wrong. Also just tried the generic kext and it still doesnt detect.... Im pissed now.

Oh, something caught my eye in the github repo that might be of interest to you:

If you are trying to use HackrNVMeFamily for the 10.12 installer, forget about it. Use the correct patches in config.plist KextsToPatch.

Which means we need to find another way around to installing 10.12. Once you do have it installed, though, you can use the same kext that you already made...

You're going to have to find the "correct patches" for your config.plist KextsToPatch.
The links provided in RehabMan's NVMe Github repo may help:
http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/312803-patch-for-using-nvme-under-macos-sierra-is-ready/

Also...hackintoshing doesn't come easy or fast sometimes, and you have to exercise patience...

-Duncan

Oh, something caught my eye in the github repo that might be of interest to you:

Which means we need to find another way around to installing 10.12. Once you do have it installed, though, you can use the same kext that you already made...

You're going to have to find the "correct patches" for your config.plist KextsToPatch.
The links provided in RehabMan's NVMe Github repo may help:
http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/312803-patch-for-using-nvme-under-macos-sierra-is-ready/

Also...hackintoshing doesn't come easy or fast sometimes, and you have to exercise patience...

-Duncan
Thanks for the reply, but after reading all of the pages on the xps 13 tutorial, I found a clover that detects my ssd, the problem is that after I click install macos sierra and it finish, I get a black screen that is unresposive and I have to force shutdown, and when I boot back into the clover usb, it boot me straight into mac os installation screen with an error saying my device need to be checked before reinstalling or recover macos......

EDIT: GOT IT TO DETECT! I use the clover posted by TheAlpha on page ~10 of the link,

TheAlpha on page 10 of WHAT LINK??? I have no idea what thread you're speaking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back