Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I screwed up, when the install finished I rebooted without the thumb drive in as the DAAAA: next step tells me to do. Now when I try to boot from the thumb drive (I have tried wiping it and doing the thumb drive preparation steps again) it just hangs during boot at "Verifying DMI Pool Data......." :banghead:

1) What system are you using? faq.php#f0r2

2) Check your BIOS settings.

What do you mean by system, os? I'm trying to install Lion on a system with a gigabyte motherboard (EP45-UD3P). I had Snow Leopard on this same system at one time (another hard drive, doing a Lion clean install ...I hope anyway after I get past this issue). What BIOS settings, i have it set to boot from USB.

Thanks

By system, I meant what hardware are you running? I know you are trying to install Lion, but you give no indication of the hardware that you are running. See my signature and profile for an example of what you can provide.

Having said that, I'm not sure any of that will help. Verifying DMI Pool Data errors can be generated by improper BIOS settings, possible loose cables, or failed hardware. Since you had just completed your install I will assume that the computer was fully functional. Can you get into your BIOS during the boot process? If you can, then you should probably reload Optimized Defaults, then reboot. When rebooting, go back into your BIOS and reset all of your settings back to your Hackintosh settings (AHCI, HPET, etc). After that, reboot with your UniBeast drive and start the installation again, or boot into the installation that you finished (if it is still there).

OK, got past that issue, the boot record I guess was corrupt on the thumb drive and formatting it and reinstalling everything didn't seem to help. Used a new thumb drive and it went well ...to a point.

Issue 1) There is no dsdt for my MB, am I SOL are are there other options?

Issue 2) I have no internet connection. I plug the cable in (my network) but I have no connection. would the dsdt solve this if there was one?

Can I shut the system down and get back to this same place (booting from the thumb drive as I am guessing the system is not bootable yet) to continue on (if i get what I need to continue) or will I corrupt something if I shut down the system at this point

Have you run MultiBeast yet?

You do not need a DSDT. You can choose EasyBeast. You will also need to choose Audio and network Kexts to make those items function. Check your motherboard manual or the Gigabyte website for your Audio and Network chips.

RTK said:
network Kexts

Was that a misprint? I don't know what Kexts are?

Also for reason I guess you can only use unibeast once, I rebooted the system as I won't have time tonight to do all this and wanted to see if it boots back to were I stopped ...it doesn't. It seems to do something to the boot record on the thumb drive cause I am back hanging on "Verifying DMI Pool Data......." again.

Take this up again later.

sundance2012 said:
Was that a misprint? I don't know what Kexts are?
No, it was not a misprint. A kext is a kernel extension (or driver if you prefer).

I do not understand why you cannot boot from UniBeast a second time. The install process should do nothing to the USB drive. Have you set your BIOS to the recommended settings for OS X?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back