nvidia
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello everyone,

I had my hackintosh working perfectly with 2 screens hooked up to my gtx 970. However I recently had to move and decided to use fedex to ship my computer. Upon opening the computer to check the parts my graphics card(which was screwed in) was ripped out of its socket from the motherboard. So I re connected everything and tried to boot my comp but my displays are not getting any signal via hdmi or DVI ports. I can however get into the comp when I connect via the motherboard. When I log in and check the specs it says I have no connected graphics driver and that I have 8 my of cram which I'm guessing is the built in graphics. The fan in the gpu is running but other than that is there any way I can tell if my gpu is connected/broken from the bios menu or some other way? Or are there some boot flags I should set?

all help is appreciated!

Specs:
My motherboard is an asus z-97c
GPU : msi gtx 970
processor : core i7 4970k

I am guessing this is in the wrong area. This is general troubleshooting.

Do you see anything on the screen? If you see / can get into BIOS then graphics card is working. If you don't see logo or any information on the screen for BIOS on the screen then graphic card is shot.

PS: Most of the new machines have a built in card as well. Maybe plug your computer into built in video port? see if you can boot and make sure machine is good before troubleshooting video carD?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back