Graphics
Asus GeForce GTX 560Ti 1024MB
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi, first post for me here. Found the resources on the site very useful in getting my 2500k on gigabyte z68ud3p, with 560Ti up and running. It is running almost flawlessly but I have a very annoying issue that is hard to describe (so hard to search for).

I have 2 1440x900 screens hooked up to the DVI outs (through DVI-VGA converter) on my 560Ti. I want one screen in landscape mode and one in portrait. Landscape mode works fantastically, but portrait mode kind of squashes the image a bit, leaving a black bar on the right of the screen (about 10 pixels). No windows can go inside this area (they jump to the other screen) but the mouse can! It is as if the mouse thinks the available res is 910x1440 but everything else thinks it is the correct 900x1440. It causes an issue with text as the screen is squashed (making some lines of pixels rounded to nothing) and also causes mouse misalignment when you approach the right side of the screen.

Setting the res to any of the other standards makes it work fine (albeit stretched) and another smaller monitor I have works perfectly as well!

Has anyone had this problem before? Know any fixes?

Thanks

Demonstration of the Issue:
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/12/20120422115144.jpg/

I couldn't see any rules about BUMPing so does anyone have any information they think will help? Or need any more info from me?

Thanks

Have you played with the overscan option?

I don't think the option appears unless it's a TV res? (might be wrong)

Have played with custom resolutions using SwitchResX which can get rid of the black bar, but does not fix the mouse misalignment issue as there is still a gap between the screens even if you can't see it now.

I may have been doing it wrong though...

Sorry to BUMP this again but hoping someone that has seen the problem I am having (assuming it's fairly rare?) will spot it and can give some assistance.

Anybody got any ideas for what I could look into to see what might be causing the issue?

Any other information from me that might help people diagnose the problem?

Thanks again :)

Ended up looking into Linux problems hoping to have a bit more info and saw someone suggesting running it at multiples of 8 in both directions, so now my monitor is running perfectly (ish) at 1440x896.

Good enough for me :D

I have a 30'' and a 17'' (900x1440 in portrait). As I tried to jumped each of them from a Dvi port to the other, I saw that I had to rotate the 17'' from standard, then 90 ... till 270° to have the good resolution. Moreover, OSD menu (if you've got one with your display) could resolve resyncing H and V position.

Hope that helps ;)

Tried your tip of rotating it through 90,180,270 degrees but no luck!

If it was an issue of the image just being squashed it would be ok (and fixable with OSD). It's this weird mouse misalignment that I can't deal with. I will just have to lose those 4 lines of pixels I fear, no great loss :D

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back