Contribute
Register

Screen goes black while starting, audio and ethernet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-EX58-UD5
CPU
i7-920
Graphics
HD 5870
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Hello guys,

I've just installed Mountain Lion for the first time, and for the first time as well using your method unibeast and multibeast which are great.
My hardware is:
- Motherboard GA-EX58-UD5 F12.
- Graphics card ATI HD5870 1Gb

I am having problems with:
- When I start the computer and in the moment to enter in the OS interface it goes black. If I unplug and plug the cable. It works. Maybe I need any extra configuration or something.
- Audio doesn't work. As far as I know the sound card I have is the ALC889A and is the one that I have installed. I tried to configured it but I am not able to do.
- Ethernet doesn't work. I have isntalled lnx2mac driver... but is not working properly. How can I uninstall it?

Can anyone help me?

Thanks.

E.

Audio works!!
Ethernet I don't care as I just use wireless...
The thing that I care the most is the graphics issue. I need to disconnect and connect the cable every time that I start the computer... Can someone help me? I tried a lot of methods PCIRootUID=0 and 1 and GraphicsEnabler=False. No success.
Please, help.

Thanks.

I don't know why, but I found a workaround for the video.
I put a custom theme on it (one that I made long time back) and works perfectly, and it never goes black anymore...
I think that worth it, that tony takes a look on it... because I think that could be the preferences of the theme or something... I will post the theme tomorrow.

It is just a workaround... but should be fixed for all the people having the problem.

Cheers.

Just one reflection more,

When I boot with the USB made from the Unibeast, I am able to recognize and use (works great!!) my ethernet card Intel EXPI9301CT without anything extra.
When I do from the HD after installing chimera, I am not able to do that...
As I don't have access of the chameleon configuration in the usb, I am not able to see what is the difference. Can anyone explain to me?

Thanks.

This is the theme that prevents the screen going to black.
I don't know the reason, but works. The problen never happened again.

Cheers.

P.S.: Any hint about the ethernet? Why was recognized by the chimera USB, but not when installing chimera in the HD. What are the options by default for the USB creation?

Attachments

• AppleTheme.zip
    340.7 KB · Views: 55
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back