igpu
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
  3. MacBook Pro
  4. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Screen goes black on wake from sleep. Screen OSD shows DP and little backlight but no display and is forced to reset. Attaching IOReg,debug.log and efi.zip My GTX 950 is not for so I am using Intel HD Graphics 4600
Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• debug.log.zip
    8.7 KB · Views: 55
  • iMacB.ioreg
    8.8 MB · Views: 49
  • EFI.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 49
Last edited:

Attachments

• bootlog.txt
    31.9 KB · Views: 144
  • CLOVER.zip
    2.6 MB · Views: 53
  • framebufferPatch.jpg
    framebufferPatch.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 182
  • iMac.ioreg
    18.8 MB · Views: 117
I have similar problem. screen goes black on wake from sleep. I use HDMI connector. I have patched Intel graphics framebuffer following this post https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-intel-framebuffer-patching-using-whatevergreen.256490/. Below are my framebufferPatch,IOReg,debug.log and Clover.zip. I also wonder if my cpu power management works well (how to get it from IOReg?) since i don't patch ssdt in EFI\CLOVER\ACPI\patched. Thanks for any help!

From what I understand, full sleep/wake is not possible with just the HD630 iGPU(I have one as well). You will always get either a kernel panic (reboot) or a hang requiring reset. Adding a supported dedicated GPU can correct this if everything else is configured right.

From what I understand, full sleep/wake is not possible with just the HD630 iGPU(I have one as well). You will always get either a kernel panic (reboot) or a hang requiring reset. Adding a supported dedicated GPU can correct this if everything else is configured right.

did you try macbook pro SysDef, some of the models only have IGPU graphics device, dGPU is optional.

did you try macbook pro SysDef, some of the models only have IGPU graphics device, dGPU is optional.

From what I understand, it is *specifically* the 630 (and some 5xx) iGPUs that have this issue. No real Mac without a dedicated GPU has one, as Apple uses the Iris Pro iGPUs available in the -U CPU models. If someone can point me to a case where someone can demonstrate a system with only a 630 and no dedicated GPU successfully sleeping and waking from sleep, I would love to see it; I have attempted to get it working for about 8 months now, and every single thing I can find says it's simply not possible with this specific model. Sleep is no problem; wake will always hard lock (to the point that not even the case reset button works, must completely power off and back on) or result in a kernel panic. I'm currently using iMac18,1 as that is a model with the same chipset, CPU family, and no dedicated GPU, but it really doesn't matter, other defs cause the same behavior for me (if they don't break other things in the process, heh.) I've also specified the ports, pipes, and framebuffer configuration as per https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-intel-framebuffer-patching-using-whatevergreen.256490/ to precisely match my actual hardware, have full CPU/iGPU PM functional, etc., so at this point I'm reasonably certain it's not something I missed in my setup...I'm always open to the possibility I'm totally wrong however (sure wouldn't be the first time, hah!)

From what I understand, it is *specifically* the 630 (and some 5xx) iGPUs that have this issue. No real Mac without a dedicated GPU has one, as Apple uses the Iris Pro iGPUs available in the -U CPU models. If someone can point me to a case where someone can demonstrate a system with only a 630 and no dedicated GPU successfully sleeping and waking from sleep, I would love to see it; I have attempted to get it working for about 8 months now, and every single thing I can find says it's simply not possible with this specific model. Sleep is no problem; wake will always hard lock (to the point that not even the case reset button works, must completely power off and back on) or result in a kernel panic. I'm currently using iMac18,1 as that is a model with the same chipset, CPU family, and no dedicated GPU, but it really doesn't matter, other defs cause the same behavior for me (if they don't break other things in the process, heh.) I've also specified the ports, pipes, and framebuffer configuration as per https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-intel-framebuffer-patching-using-whatevergreen.256490/ to precisely match my actual hardware, have full CPU/iGPU PM functional, etc., so at this point I'm reasonably certain it's not something I missed in my setup...I'm always open to the possibility I'm totally wrong however (sure wouldn't be the first time, hah!)
ok,i see... then another question, how to see if I have full CPU/iGPU PM functional, etc? I noted that there may be some information in 'boot -v' logs, it says '
ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin::start - waitForService(resourceMatching(AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement)) timed out
WARNING:IOPlatformPluginUtil : get CPUIDInfo: this is an unknown cpu model 0x9e --power management may be incomplete or unsupported
ApplePMC:: publishedIOPPF() - failed
'
how can i get the full 'boot -v' logs? better in a text file, trying to catch it on screen but it always flashs past toot fast to take all of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back