Contribute
Register

Screen goes black for 2-3 seconds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your SSDT-EC-USBX.aml doesn't contain the EC fix, just the USB power settings. These power settings are also present in your USBPorts.kext, so not sure you need the SSDT in its current state.

Your USBPorts.kext has a number of errors, as I read the Info.plist.

Your motherboard has two USB controllers, but only one is present in the USBPorts.kext.

Chipset+Intel® Thunderbolt™ 3 Controller:
  1. 2 x USB Type-C™ ports on the back panel, with USB 3.1 Gen 2 support
Chipset:
  1. 1 x USB Type-C™ port with USB 3.1 Gen 2 support, available through the internal USB header
  2. 2 x USB 3.1 Gen 2 Type-A ports (red) on the back panel
  3. 2 x USB 3.1 Gen 1 ports available through the internal USB header
  4. 4 x USB 2.0/1.1 ports (2 ports on the back panel, 2 ports available through the internal USB header)
Chipset+USB 3.1 Gen 1 Hub:
  1. 4 x USB 3.1 Gen 1 ports on the back panel
Your motherboard has 4 x USB2 ports. 2 x physical ports on the rear I/O plate, which should be set with the USB2/0 connector type and 2 x USB ports from the internal header, which should be set as Internal/255. So your USBPorts.kext is wrong in this respect, as you have 4 x USB2 ports shown and they are all set with connector type '0', when there should only be 2 ports with this setting.

HS14 is set as Internal, this is probably correct as this port usually serves the USB port from the Intel CNVI WiFi/Bluetooth module. But the other two Internal ports are not shown. As can be seen in the two screenshots below.

Screenshot 2021-10-11 at 17.51.52.png Screenshot 2021-10-11 at 17.52.06.png

The two screenshots below show the normal setup for the USB ports on a Z390 Designaire motherboard and rear I/O plate:

All motherboard USB ports_resize.png motherboardDesigner Rear IO Layer v3_resize.png Rear I/O plate

I believe these images were created by Casey SJ as part of his guide.

Based on the above, HS11 and HS12 should be set with the connector type Internal/255 not USB2/0.

All three Type-C ports are set with the connector type '9', is this correct? Should the two TB Type-C ports be set with connector type 10?

From what I understand the Type-C port should be set a follows:
  • If you plug in your USB-C cable and it lights up a row in Hackintool,
  • Unplug the cable,
  • Rotate it 180 degrees then plug it back in and it lights up a different row in Hackintool, then you have TypeC for both of those rows.
  • If the same row lights up green whichever way the cable is plugged in, you have TypeC+Sw.

If you fix your USBPorts.kext you could probably remove the USBWakeFixup.kext from your /CLOVER/kexts/Other folder.

This is a screenshot showing the contents of your EFI folder:

Screenshot 2021-10-11 at 17.31.48.png
It contains a lot of supplementary/unnecessary items. While troubleshooting a problem it should be stripped down to its bare minimum so nothing other than the base setup, so any issues introduced by these other kexts etc. are eliminated.

Looking at your Clover PreBoot.log and Clover_Install_Log.txt, it appears you have a number of external drives connected to your system, via USB? I would recommend temporarily removing/disconnecting these drives while troubleshooting your screen issue.

The /EFI/Microsoft folder is pretty large at 26+MB. If you are based in France or Canada and using French in macOS and Windows you could remove the majority of the other sub-folders within the Microsoft folder, as you won't be using the other language boot manager files.

Screenshot 2021-10-11 at 17.56.46.png Contents of /EFI/Microsoft folder.

I haven't touched on your config.plist. There are issues with the settings you are using and those you should be using but aren't. Some are related to your IGPU, which you should either disable in your bios or with the boot argument -wegnoigpu, as you are using the iMacPro1,1 SMBIOS. This is a system that naturally lacks an IGPU and relies solely on the dGPU for all Graphics processing.

So you it stands to read that you should not be injecting anything for the IGPU in your config.plist. Alas you have the Device Properties for your IGPU set and are also using an ig-platform-id in the Graphics section.

Thanks for taking the time to look at my EFI. I can provide some clarification and if you can tell me what you think, I would appreciate it.
Casey SJ's diagram is indeed the correct one and the reason I set the HS11 & 12 USB ports to "0" is because they are connected to the front USB ports on my case. In my mind, an internal connector was a connector connected to an internal component such as the HS14 that powers the Wifi/Bluetooth module which is set to "255".
The USB-C connectors were arbitrarily set to "9" because I don't have any USB-C hardware for testing with Hackintool, I'm going to switch all that to "10".
The iGPU has been disabled for a while in the Bios, which allowed me to solve the problems of crashing on wake, but it's true that I didn't reflect this change in the config.plist thinking, wrongly, that it wasn't important.
The SSDT-EC was generated by Hackintool, so I thought it should be placed in the ACPI/patched folder.
I'll try to clean it up according to your advice, I'll come back to say if it's better

Back after cleaning my EFI as much as possible, I still have "blackouts". In the end, I reintroduced the USBWakefixup.kext and SSDT-USBW because I need them to keep the one-touch wakeup.
Edhawk, would you be willing to review my EFI and tell me if there are still things I missed, you said my config.plist could be improved and I changed some things, but are there more changes to be made? I would really appreciate it if you have time to look at it.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    46.4 MB · Views: 45
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back