Motherboard
HP Elitebook 2570p-Clover
CPU
i7-3520M
Graphics
HD 4000
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
My Elitebook 2570P has worked flawlessly for 18 months. I recently changed my external monitor to an LG 4k monitor using DP/DP. It works great, although only at FullHd on the Mac drive and 4k on the Windows10 drive—that's fine with me. My System Definition is mid 2012 MacBook Pro which doesn't support 4K.

The problem is after a few days of normal use, the screen on the laptop now does a quick fade to dark during boot after the clover screen. The external display works fine—even when I shut the lid. But I can no longer use it as a laptop using the Mac drive. The Windows side is fine.

I tried Booting from my backup...same thing; Different dark wake settings (I don't even know what dark wake means.); Disconnecting all peripherals. Enabling and disabling HiDef.

Clues: I use 2560x1440 on the PC side. It was after fooling around with windows settings this started. I installed and later uninstalled software that came with the monitor.

The problem is after a few days of normal use, the screen on the laptop now does a quick fade to dark during boot after the clover screen.

Press your brightness up key.

OMG! That was so easy. Thanks a million.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back