Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS GL503GE(Clover)
CPU
i7-8750H/HM370
Graphics
GTX 1050 Ti + UHD 630(1920x1080)
I have installed the MacOS Mojave, and after post install or even at the time of installation, I faced the weird problem of no backlight for initial period of time but, after like 5 minutes backlight comes up and works properly.
I have full QE/CI with UHD 630, I have tried the boot process with nv-disable=1 but same result.

I tried the backlight fix by rehabman, and now I have the brightness slider, in the display setting, and can change the brightness
I even injected the EDID, but that seems not to be working, and same thing goes on.

Problem reporting file is attached below.

Attachments

• debug_3593.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 83
Last edited:
I have the same laptop
Can you make a tutorial for gl503ge to install mojave? thank you

I have installed the MacOS Mojave, and after post install or even at the time of installation, I faced the weird problem of no backlight for initial period of time but, after like 5 minutes backlight comes up and works properly.
I have full QE/CI with UHD 630, I have tried the boot process with nv-disable=1 but same result.

I tried the backlight fix by rehabman, and now I have the brightness slider, in the display setting, and can change the brightness
I even injected the EDID, but that seems not to be working, and same thing goes on.

Problem reporting file is attached below.

Read this thread:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/black-screen-3-minutes-after-booting-coffeelake-uhd-630.261131/

I have the same laptop

Follow the Clover guide linked from the FAQ.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Although you should read the FAQ for an overview of issues, the Clover guide is linked from the first question: "Q. Where do I start?", just after the bold face "Clover Guide".
Here is a direct link, just to be clear:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Also, your profile must be filled out with complete details as requested in the FAQ, again under "Q. Where do I start?". All seven details requested are equally important.

And if you have an issue (after following the guide), or on any other problem, you must provide a detailed description of the problem including information that helps us understand what you're doing. Always attach "Problem Reporting" files as per FAQ.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html
The required files and data are fully detailed in the last question in the FAQ:
"Q. What are typical "Problem Reporting" files?"

I have the same laptop
Surely, i will make a guide, for this, after everything works, as expected, there are alot of things which are broken, as of now.
Touch pad is not working, because it is on an i2c bus, and GPIO Pinning and VoodooI2c kext are not working on it.

but if you wish to continue, and have a spare mouse, then open the problem reporting file from thread named debug_3593.zip and make your installer media, using unibeast and once everything is done, just delete all folder from EFI/Clover/ except theme folder and copy paste the content of EFI/Clover from debug_3593.zip, and do the installation, and once you boot into macOS your backlight will be gone, just wait for like 4-5 minutes, once it is back, do whatever you want.

Surely, i will make a guide, for this, after everything works, as expected, there are alot of things which are broken, as of now.
Touch pad is not working, because it is on an i2c bus, and GPIO Pinning and VoodooI2c kext are not working on it.

but if you wish to continue, and have a spare mouse, then open the problem reporting file from thread named debug_3593.zip and make your installer media, using unibeast and once everything is done, just delete all folder from EFI/Clover/ except theme folder and copy paste the content of EFI/Clover from debug_3593.zip, and do the installation, and once you boot into macOS your backlight will be gone, just wait for like 4-5 minutes, once it is back, do whatever you want.
thank you very much,are you using a dual boot with window10 or just install the mojave?
I want to replace my SSD to WD black 250g, will that be conflict?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back