i7-3770
Graphics
HD 4000
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
  2. SE
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Within the past week I installed Lego Star Wars and Lego Harry Potter from the app store. When starting either game the graphics are scrambled (for a lack of a better description) as seen in the picture. What's baffling to me is that I installed (months ago) Lego Marvel Superheroes which displays just fine. The only change in my hack since installing Lego Marvel would have been the update to Sierra.

My Daughters also have a similar hackintosh, similar to mine but it is still on El Capitan. Just for giggles I installed both our new Lego games (Star Wars & Potter) on the machine and they both display just fine.

I've rarely had any issues with either of our hacks since building them approximately 3 years ago and can usually find help perusing the forums but I'm at a loss with this.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

IMG_2100.JPG

Any luck getting this sorted out? I am having the same issue with a couple games on Steam that worked fine in El Cap but are scrambled in Sierra. I am having a devil of a time figuring it out.

I did a fresh install when I moved to Sierra, the only thing I can think of is that it is an issue with the iMac 14,2 profile? That's the only thing I really changed when I moved to the new OS (since Sierra isn't supported on Mac Pro 3,1).

Any luck getting this sorted out? I am having the same issue with a couple games on Steam that worked fine in El Cap but are scrambled in Sierra. I am having a devil of a time figuring it out.

I did a fresh install when I moved to Sierra, the only thing I can think of is that it is an issue with the iMac 14,2 profile? That's the only thing I really changed when I moved to the new OS (since Sierra isn't supported on Mac Pro 3,1).
No, but I haven't really attempted anything since my initial post. I had thought of the change in profile, also, but am afraid to make any changes that will effect iMessage, etc. I may look into it further over the weekend.

Thanks for the post!

No, but I haven't really attempted anything since my initial post. I had thought of the change in profile, also, but am afraid to make any changes that will effect iMessage, etc. I may look into it further over the weekend.

Thanks for the post!

If you have a properly formatted MLB and ROM then changing the system profile will not affect iMessage. I constantly swap between iMac14,2 and iMac15,1 and iMessage never even signs out.

If you have a properly formatted MLB and ROM then changing the system profile will not affect iMessage. I constantly swap between iMac14,2 and iMac15,1 and iMessage never even signs out.
Good to know. I'll try switching profiles and go from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back