Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
<< need model # >> See Forum Rules !!
CPU
i920
Graphics
Gtx 275
Scanner drivers broken-ScanSnap, Canoscan Toolbox, Vuescan with 10.8.0, 10.8.1

I have been using all three scanner drivers under Lion 10.7.4. Using Unibeast, I successfully created a a new Mountain Lion 10.8 partition and migrated all my files using Migration Assistant. Everything works well -audio, network etc. No kernel panics or odd behavior of any kind except that all three of my scanner programs stopped working and either hang or can't find their drivers. I've reinstalled drivers to no avail. Help please.

USB ports work for Mouse, Keyboard, hard drive, Logitech webcam, flash drive. Scanners are the only things not working as far as I can tell...

I have a ScanSnap S1500M and Devonthink Pro Office. ScanSnap is working even under the latest 10.8.1 Mountain Lion.

You probably need to re-install your ScanSnap program and all drivers.

I reinstalled software and updated to version V32L60W. On launch icon bounces in the dock for 15 seconds or so and then stall (not responding). I'm thinking a kext may be at fault, no idea which.

My bet is Migration Assistant didn't transfer everything?

My Scansnap Manager version is 3.2.41.1038 2011-08-09
3.2 L41

I'm downloading the latest version... I'll let you know if it breaks.

okay, now running version 3.2 L60
It's still working.

Thanks. I think you may be right. I will back up a bit and start over...

Solved! Not sure if there might not be still more to this problem, but after trying several reconfigurations including reverting to non dsdt Multibeast install without success, I tried downgrading to old LaCie USB3.0 driver in Lion 4.6.1 Multibeast from Caldigit driver in Mountain Lion 5.02 Multibeast installer and, voilà, the problem went away. YMMV

Cheers, John

Yeah, I've been using an old MB 4.6.1.
and my Chimera is still 1.8.

As they say, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Glad you got your problem sorted out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back