Contribute
Register

SB Intel HD 2000/3000 Onboard Graphics! [TESTING COMPLETE]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: SB Intel HD 2000/3000 Onboard Graphics Testing! [DOWNLOAD]

macpro24 said:
I was able to get on board graphics working on my setup and thought I'd help out anyone with the same setup. The attached DSDT is for the Gigabyte GA-Z68MX-UD2H-B3, F5 BIOS, and I used Tony's kext for the i5-2500k.

Performance seems great, but there is artifacting at times. Device ID appears as 0126. If anyone has suggestions on improving this configuration, please let me know.

What bootloader did you use?
The only one that boot my system is chameleon 1150 and max resolution 1600*1200.
My ddevice ID 0126 and system have passed GLX test...

What kext did install?
I've used:
FakeSMC, JMicron, NullCpu, ALC8xxHDA and AppleHDA Rollback.

siou said:
To get QE/CI you have to edit your AppleIntelHDGraphics.kext. look around this forum, i saw a guide for the ID 0112.
I've been through pages of forum posts and thread pages and I can't seem to find it. Can anyone post a working AppleIntelHDGraphics.kext for ID 0112?

Sony Vaio VPCCB15FG i5 2410M Sandy Bridge Laptop

Mac OS X 10.6.8 with all the latest updates installed. Intel HD3000 with full QE/CI working in 1920x1080 FullHD res.

Attachments

• Picture 2011-08-05 at 12.02.33 PM.jpg
    Picture 2011-08-05 at 12.02.33 PM.jpg
    378.4 KB · Views: 743

nn-h said:
macpro24 said:
I was able to get on board graphics working on my setup and thought I'd help out anyone with the same setup. The attached DSDT is for the Gigabyte GA-Z68MX-UD2H-B3, F5 BIOS, and I used Tony's kext for the i5-2500k.

Performance seems great, but there is artifacting at times. Device ID appears as 0126. If anyone has suggestions on improving this configuration, please let me know.

What bootloader did you use?
The only one that boot my system is chameleon 1150 and max resolution 1600*1200.
My ddevice ID 0126 and system have passed GLX test...

What kext did install?
I've used:
FakeSMC, JMicron, NullCpu, ALC8xxHDA and AppleHDA Rollback.
I'm not sure about the bootloader. I just used MultiBeast & Chimera with the custom DSDT for the F5 version of this board (which I had to modify to get onboard graphics working). I installed the same kexts as you, plus the special i5-2500k one from Tony at the beginning of this thread.

I hope that helps. Let me know if I can clarify anything.

TaylorC said:
siou said:
To get QE/CI you have to edit your AppleIntelHDGraphics.kext. look around this forum, i saw a guide for the ID 0112.
I've been through pages of forum posts and thread pages and I can't seem to find it. Can anyone post a working AppleIntelHDGraphics.kext for ID 0112?
Didn't Tony attach the kext for ID 0012 to the beginning of this thread?

chowbang said:
Success! Core i5-2500k, Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3, HD3000, single monitor on dvi

- Used tonymac's kext for 0112. Couldn't figure out how to use KextBeast so I used Kext Helper B7. Installed without modification since I also had 0112. Wasn't sure if needed, but I ran MultiBeast System Utilities to make sure permissions and cache were good. Then rebooted. Got full res, but no QE.

- Used sketcher's dsdt-free method of modifying AppleIntelHDGraphics.kext. Downloaded a trial of PListEdit Pro. I couldn't figure out how to go inside a .kext directory from that program, so I used terminal to copy Info.plist out to ~/Documents. Edited the file in PListEdit, then copied back. Had to run with elevated privileges: "sudo cp ~/Documents/Info.plist .". I didn't reinstall the kext - just edited that one file. Then same as above, ran MultiBeast System Utilities and rebooted.

No problems so far, but it hasn't been very long. I'll try 10.7.2 beta if I see glitches.
I can play HD videos perfectly in VLC. Does that mean QE is working? How do I verify that QE is working? I'm getting some artifacting and am trying to figure out how to fix it.

macpro24 said:
TaylorC said:
siou said:
Didn't Tony attach the kext for ID 0012 to the beginning of this thread?

The one posted is for AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext. That will only get you full res, but no QE/CI. To get QE/CI, you need to do a second step: modify Info.plist inside AppleIntelHDGraphics.kext.

I attached my versions of 0112 for Info.plist and the whole .kext.

Info.plist
AppleIntelHDGraphics.kext.zip

Attachments

• AppleIntelHDGraphics.kext.zip
    579.3 KB · Views: 192
  • Info.plist
    3.5 KB · Views: 460

macpro24 said:
I can play HD videos perfectly in VLC. Does that mean QE is working? How do I verify that QE is working? I'm getting some artifacting and am trying to figure out how to fix it.

The articles I saw mentioned for QE/CI:
- translucent menu bar
- Open Chess. See if you can move a piece

I would guess HD video wouldn't play very well without acceleration. I tried several 720p mkv's, some 1080i HDV mpeg2 from a camcorder, and some basic standard def xvid .avi's in VLC and they all played great without artifacting on my hd3000.

If I add the "device-property" in boot.plist the appstore is not working.

all,

This is informational so that those working on fixes for the INTEL HD 3000 with ID 0116 might get a better Idea of the issues and a solution. My Laptop, an ASUS N53SV, is running a clean install of LION with out of the box graphics drivers. I get full resolution, dvd video, chess, HD video, in short everything seems to work. This is how I must get there on every boot so obviously I don't have a solution.

1. Connect external HDMI monitor.
2. Boot by making sure you start with the image on the laptop display.
3. Once booted, you will have the dreaded stretched multicolored screen on the laptop and nearly perfect image on the HDMI monitor.
4. On the Asus use the Fn F8 key and switch monitors. You will lose horizontal sync. Switch back and then unplug the HDMI monitor and plug it back in. Lasptop display will then work as long as you don't try to switch monitors again. You can disconnect the HDMI monitor or leave it since they work in mirror mode or in separate modes.

The artifacts disappear and display preferences will show both monitors. If you disconnect the HDMI it will just show the correct built-in display.

So this thing does work if we can get the OS to recognize the built-in display on boot. BTW, Lion does not seem to need any of the kexts in the extra extension folder. I only use the ATheros fix, a track-pad fix, an Ethernet driver (Linux to Mac) and the modified Voodoo 2.72 kext. Cannot wake up on sleep and shutdown does not turn the power off.

Using Chamelon 2.0 RC5 r974 trunk. For some reason, Multibeast 3.8 will not work. I just get the spinning wheel forever.

Laptop Pro Early recognized as MACBookPro, early 2011, Intel HD 3000 512 Meg. The Nvidia card is not active yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back