Contribute
Register

SB Intel HD 2000/3000 Onboard Graphics! [TESTING COMPLETE]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: SB Intel HD 2000/3000 Onboard Graphics Testing! [DOWNLOAD]

After doing 10.6.3 to 10.6.8 update, I thought my computer was stuck hanging on the Apple logo screen, but it wasn't and had actually loaded. I blindly moved the mouse to the top left corner of the screen, clicked, heard hd activity, arrowed down 10 times, hit enter twice and shut down the computer - all while the Apple logo was still showing :p I 'needed' this kext, it doesn't load, but for some reason got my basic 1024x768 video mode back where I can see my desktop again now running 10.6.8.

I notice this is for Lion, but is there any idea of this possibly or eventually finding a way to SL or am I just dreaming? :p

i7 2600 HD 2000 (0x0102?)

Aamp said:
After doing 10.6.3 to 10.6.8 update, I thought my computer was stuck hanging on the Apple logo screen, but it wasn't and had actually loaded. I blindly moved the mouse to the top left corner of the screen, clicked, heard hd activity, arrowed down 10 times, hit enter twice and shut down the computer :p

This sounds like my problem as well, where 10.6.8 actually starts but it the display sorta crashes and leaves you blind. Do you see any artifacts on the apple logo screen?

@AshleyAshes Yes, top third was blacked out with a bunch of blue lines :)

Aamp said:
@AshleyAshes Yes, top third was blacked out with a bunch of blue lines :)
Yeah, if you look back a page or two, I post another guy with the same problem. If you follow his thread to a youtube video he posted, he actually remote desktops into the mac and shows it to be fully operational but without a display.

And I'm certian this is a Sandy Bridge HD 3000 issue. When you load in verbose mode, is one of the last lines you remark "transcript offline - buffer pool allocate [181000]"?

I get Transcript Offline : Buffer pool allocation [18100] failed.

HD2000 Device ID: 0x0102

I cant find the ID Tony mentioned and I tried adding my device ID to the last 'AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB' and 'AppleIntelSNBGraphicsController2' respectively, both get me same error.

I have to replace the original kext and remove caches in order to boot back in.

Hey guys i need help on this subject i tried pretty much everything i can try:
-installing the kext,
-modifying the device id
-modifying the dsdt

And still no luck does anyone know what else can be done???:(

I have a i7 2600k

Tried the DSDT Method.

Now getting the dreaded "Transcript Offline: Buffer pool allocation [18100] failed" error.

Anyone has any idea of this error ? Where are you Tony ?

Thanks Tony, now I finally have native 1680x1050 resolution, yet still no QE/CI and the system won't start with HDMI also connected (using DVI for monitor). Now I'm off to mess with the DSDT-stuff.

Test Report:

CPU: i5-2500K
M/B: Intel DH67BL (No DP/DSUB. Only DVI/HDMI ports are available.)
O/S: Lion
SMboardproduct : Mac-94245B3640C91C81

I've tried two methods - tony's kext and DSDT device-id injection.
In both cases, a boot message scrolling stopped but the system seemed to be running beneath the stopped screen.

The only difference is the DSDT method shows the following message before freezing.

Jul 25 20:35:28 admin-ui-Mac-Pro kernel[0]: Transcript Offline - Buffer Pool Allocate [181000] failed.

I wonder the presence of DP port or # of graphics output port is critical.

Thank you for all your efforts.

Hi,
I´m using the new Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H Board (CPU i5-2500K). I tried to boot with HD3000 graphics but I only get a colored screen. I´m using a ATI HD 5850 Card and it works fine in Lion.
I have not tried without the card yet.
But the HD3000 seems to be loaded. I can move the mouse over the flickering screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back