Contribute
Register

SB Intel HD 2000/3000 Onboard Graphics! [TESTING COMPLETE]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: SB Intel HD 2000/3000 Onboard Graphics Testing! [DOWNLOAD]

Great work. The patched kext works for my setup, which is a GA-H67N-USB3 with Core i3-2105. But no QE acceleration. Which leads to no video playback of other than the mp4. codec...

my device ID is 0x0112
I tried to change it in the ...FB.kext but i could not find the 0x0012 entry. Where do I have to change it to my device ID?

Hi Tony,

My Asus Laptop worked amazing well with lion except built-in display was scrambled but HDMI was fine. In fact, I had transparency on the built-in. Profile shows all graphics card recognized properly but built-in just was a mess. At the suggestion from another post I tried switchresx and put in the parameters they display required. Sometimes it worked, other times it did not work properly.Most times did not. external monitor perfect.

Now I tried your kext and it worked, albeit in a strange way. I must boot with the external HDMI monitor which permits the built-in display to work. I must then shut down the external monitor and disconnect it. Full resolution and acceleration. If I boot without the external, I get the apple start-up screen with the spinning wheel. When the wheel stops, it sits there but with disk activity. If I plug in the external, the built-in comes alive. Further investigation shows that the OS thinks the built-in is the external monitor. I did have to tweak in switchresx to get a fully stable built-in: Back and front porch settings.

Any Thoughts?

S3Atze said:
Great work. The patched kext works for my setup, which is a GA-H67N-USB3 with Core i3-2105. But no QE acceleration. Which leads to no video playback of other than the mp4. codec...

my device ID is 0x0112
I tried to change it in the ...FB.kext but i could not find the 0x0012 entry. Where do I have to change it to my device ID?

I also can't find it..

where do i find my device ID exactly?

Thanks! :)

Same here - looked in kext but could not find device id anywhere.

rimmi2002 said:
Thanks Tony! Tried it on my setup: Worked great. installed via kext utility. On start onboard graphics were recognized. Had all resolutions for display. Have screen shots of system info and xbench results. I only tested DVI. My board also has VGA (which I don't use) and HDMI which my monitor does not have so can't test.

Something wierd I have noticed so far is that Lion did not install unless I used the Macpro3,1 definition and when I tried to switch the definition to MacPro5,1. The system would crash on startup giving UID and MacPro5,1 error. Luckily I had Win7 with macdrive on it. I went into win7 and changed the smbios.plist back to 3,1 and system started up fine. Not sure what the issue is, but seems like smbios settings are much more important in Lion.

Mobo: GA-Z68MA-UD2H-B3
Proc: i5-2500k

system info.jpg
xbnech.jpg

On further testing. I have the full set of resolutions available, but I don't think there is any QE/CI. Also I tried to play a h264 encoded mkv file and had audio only. No video. So still much better than before that I have 1080p resolution, but not fully working. I'm sure we'll figure it out over the next few weeks.

Lastly seems like monitor will not awake from sleep. I manually put the computer to sleep. Then the CPU woke up with a mouse click, but monitor did not. I turned it off and on and then the monitor was back on. I'm thinking it probably has something to do with the display drivers.

My settings: Fresh SL and Lion install. Graphics enable can be yes or no its doesn't effect it. I initially had it at yes and now have it at no. Using MacPro 3 smbios from multibeast.

This document:

http://download.intel.com/design/proces ... 324643.pdf

gives the graphics processors as device ids 0x0102 and 0x0112 for the i5-2400.

Asuming I patch my smbios for the right pointer to the connector table, and add these device ids to the kext key, should that bring the Intel graphics up?

Hope this helps someone.

I think I might be waiting for Tony to release his guide and/or update MultiBeast to include HD 2000 and 3000.

Gosh darn it!!! I'm so close to having this working.

The kext is loading under Lion after I added 0x0102 to the first Intel SNB FB in the kext info plist.

And finally, we're showing up in SysProf:

Screen shot 2011-07-22 at 11.17.05 AM.png

Maybe just the board stuff to fix. I'm using this smbios.plist, any problems anyone can see?

Screen shot 2011-07-22 at 11.29.15 AM.png

Can anyone who's got this working on an i52400 help?

Attachments

• Screen shot 2011-07-22 at 11.17.05 AM.png
    Screen shot 2011-07-22 at 11.17.05 AM.png
    61.6 KB · Views: 452
  • Screen shot 2011-07-22 at 11.29.15 AM.png
    Screen shot 2011-07-22 at 11.29.15 AM.png
    23 KB · Views: 446

Hi, Guys.... Does the sound work with graphic's off the chip.... Multiple sound out...

Now I'm dreaming of using onboard graphics with osx (as I'm not gaming with Lion) and my crossfire 6950 with Win7 (mainly for gaming).
Except the fact that onboard graphics needs further testing, will it be possible ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back