Contribute
Register

SB celeron g530 hack wont boot up...

Status
Not open for further replies.
totenkopf, i really cannot find a section in my user preferences to change any signature...

i have installed SL again...boot with iboot, install with the dvd...after the reboot, it was the first time i saw the "welcome" video...i have a good feeling about that...

will let you know if something goes wrong...

edit : 10pm...commercial break in "german idol"...g530 hackintosh booting up...SUCCESSFULLY !

thanks all for your help...next step : update to mountain lion... :headbang:

i changed the harddisk, because i needed the 2,5" hdd for a notebook...installed a 160gig 3,5" drive and installed osx SL again...

i am really sure to made all the steps i do before...but SL is not booting up...only way to boot to desktop is with the little help of the iboot cd...

should i post the panic screen again ?

i changed the harddisk, because i needed the 2,5" hdd for a notebook...installed a 160gig 3,5" drive and installed osx SL again...

i am really sure to made all the steps i do before...but SL is not booting up...only way to boot to desktop is with the little help of the iboot cd...

should i post the panic screen again ?

Henninges

If you used a seperate HD not sure why you did not use SuperDuper or Carbon Copy Cloner to dupe the HD

Sounds like the Chimera loader is not installed - or you didn't run system Utilities in MB before

boot from iBoot - then boot from hd
get desktop - run Multibeast and do the chimera Bootloader selection only and let it run - then exit and start up MB again then select and run System Utilities select all tick box's and run - finish - exit MB and reboot (remove iBoot from DVD)

you may need to run w command switches - not sure what you used for the install but what you need to add is the "-f" to that string on this reboot
So something like this maybe "-v PCIRootUID=1 GraphicsEnabler=Yes -f"

As always you need to document your procedure cause we loose our short term memory very quickly..

i followed your instructions, nothing changed...i still got the panic screen...even when i used the "-f" or the other switches...

cannot backup the "old" hdd...it dissapears and has windows installed before i was able to backup the data...:banghead:

here it comes...

IMG_0306.jpg

okay...here the information you asked for :

1st : i used the iboot cd ( ivy bridge version )
2nd : insert the osx 10.6 dvd
3rd : pressing the f5 key
4th : booting the install dvd...osx 10.6 installed
5th : after installing, i use the "update helper" because the combo update crashed everytime
6th : successfully installation of 10.6.8 update
7th : MB installation with user dsdt and system utilties
8th : frustating face, because osx will boot only to the panic screen, doesn't matter what switch i use ( instead of -x )

okay...here the information you asked for :

1st : i used the iboot cd ( ivy bridge version )
2nd : insert the osx 10.6 dvd
3rd : pressing the f5 key
4th : booting the install dvd...osx 10.6 installed
5th : after installing, i use the "update helper" because the combo update crashed everytime
6th : successfully installation of 10.6.8 update
7th : MB installation with user dsdt and system utilties
8th : frustating face, because osx will boot only to the panic screen, doesn't matter what switch i use ( instead of -x )

Hennings

If your Motherboard is an Ivy Bridge model ( meaning has a Z77 chipset or similar Ivy Bridge version) and your have a Ivy Bridge CPU
we can not use update helper - we can not use MultiBeast - Snow Leopard will not run on this hardware as the SL Kernel is not going to support it ( Apple didn't update the Kernel- they made newer versions of OSX - Mountain Lion.)
So if its your intention to keep SL and use it you need a Sandy Bridge system; cannot have any Ivy Bridge components.

We can not use the Kepler nVidia Card - remove it
We need to use the HD 4000 GFX of the CPU (if so equipted - is it?)
Set the BIOS to factory defaults - AHCI S3 check for HPET/64
Set the bios settings for IGP video ( internal) not both
Set the Bios video ram to 64 megs
Set the BIOS for Legacy USB support + USB Mouse and Kybd support
Set the BIOS to dislable Virt
Video cable DVI or HDMI ( no VGA) to monitor (VGA support no more in SL from Apple)

Boot w iBoot for IB
get TMX86 screen - insert LEGAL RETAIL OSX 10.6 DVD ( no duplicates or burned versions) press PF5 - get Retail DVD installer icon,
select icon - then press space bar and type on the screen -v PCIRootUID=0 and hit return.

take pic of KP again an post.

Also please let me know where your hardware is different from the above.

Also to add you information into the signature is very easy - where you user Id is in the upper right corner - select it and open in new window. New tab should be View Profile - in this window you should see About Me - Friends and Basic Information where you entered you info which appears on the left hand side of the posts.
Below Basic Info you should see an line called Signature click on the pencil and this will allow you to edit you Signature and add info like you see in mine. This is where we need to see the gory details.

it is NOT an ivy bridge cpu nor system...it is an sandy bridge... ( btw. signature now edited, thx for the hint... )

it is NOT an kepler card ( even the gt610 card is a fermi... ) i use the 9500GT from zotac...

the g530 has only hd2500 gfx build in gfx...so i must use the external card...

bios is set to "init display first : pcie x16, s3 is enabled, virtu. is disabled, i use dvi because the card has only dvi, monitor got dvi and vga, so no adapter is used...

boot with iboot, changed the medium, entered your commands, boot from install dvd is in progress...

edit : got the normal install screen...should i install again ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back