Motherboard
Jingsha and Gigabyte H22M
CPU
Xeon E5-2687W V1 and Core i5-3770
Graphics
AMD 280x
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Hello, i have a Quad core Intel i5 PC with 2 AMD R9 7900/200 series GPUs, a 6TB HDD and 500Gb SSD and am trying to Run Mac OS X 10.12 Sierra, i can seccessfully enter the setup, but neither of my Sata drives are recognised, i have downloaded many Kexts and my bios is set to AHCI and XHCI Hand off and so on.

I am required to have my PC up an running in a week, for my work, but this problem has prevented me from doing so!

If anyone has any tips or fixes, please let me know.

Full Build- Intel core i5 3570 @ 3.4GHz LGA 1155 Quad Core
AMD R9 7900/200 series GPU (X2)
16GB DDR3 Ram
Gigabyte UEFI Dual bios motherboard- GA-H77M-D3H
Seagate 6TB Sata HDD
500GB SSD (Not sure on Brand)

I have ruled the problem out to be a software issue, as the drives get recognised with windows 10,8,7 and vista

Hello, i have a Quad core Intel i5 PC with 2 AMD R9 7900/200 series GPUs, a 6TB HDD and 500Gb SSD and am trying to Run Mac OS X 10.12 Sierra, i can successfully enter the setup, but neither of my Sata drives are recognized, i have downloaded many Kexts and my bios is set to AHCI and XHCI Hand off and so on.

I am required to have my PC up an running in a week, for my work, but this problem has prevented me from doing so!

If anyone has any tips or fixes, please let me know.

Full Build- Intel core i5 3570 @ 3.4GHz LGA 1155 Quad Core
AMD R9 7900/200 series GPU (X2)
16GB DDR3 Ram
Gigabyte UEFI Dual bios motherboard- GA-H77M-D3H
Seagate 6TB Sata HDD
500GB SSD (Not sure on Brand)

Have you partitioned and formatted your drives in the MacOS Sierra installation program using Disk Utility? If you have not done so the installation program will not know where it can install and won't show any drives for you to choose.

Have you partitioned and formatted your drives in the MacOS Sierra installation program using Disk Utility? If you have not done so the installation program will not know where it can install and won't show any drives for you to choose.
That is just the problem, disk utility is not showing up with the drives, they are pluged into the white sata ports on my gigabyte board labled 0 for the SSD and 1 for the HDD, thanks though

That is just the problem, disk utility is not showing up with the drives, they are plugged into the white sata ports on my gigabyte board labeled 0 for the SSD and 1 for the HDD, thanks though

Are the drives recognized in the motherboard BIOS?

Yepp, all drives are there, right now i am booted to a USB drive and attempting to work my way to the sata ports from inside Mac OS, then transfer all the files, if anyone knows of any drivers or such that can help me access the sata ports from inside mac os, please tell me, Thanks

I have ruled the problem out to be a software issue, as the drives get recognised with windows 10,8,7 and vista
I was possibly considering a USB 3.0 to dual Data, that will support my 6TB HDD and 500GB SSD while keeping transfer speeds reasonable, but i was worried that if i install the MAC OS X onto the SSD and connections become low, will that affect the OS in anyway?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back