ASUS GL703VM
CPU
i7-7700hq
Graphics
GTX 1060
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
hi all
first off please exuse the spelling and grammer, its really not my strong point.
so this is my first time posting here and my first hackintosh build
i have been searching for days on this small problem and so far i have no luck
i have created a unibest sierra install usb no problem and am able to
boot and get to the select disk to install however i have no hard drives show up
after a bit i plugged my ssd using sata to usb and sierra was able to pck it up and install
after install was complete i ent through multi beast and kext wizard pluged my ssd back in and
now i get still waiting on root device. i have search high and low to solve this problem any help would be much apricated

my system is
asus g20aj
asus h97i custom mobo
i7-4790
sata ports are (ich10d) vendor id 8086 device id 3A05
12gb ram
256gb samsung ssd 840 pro
1tb toshiba hdd

thanks for taking time to read this

SATA port mode set to AHCI in UEFI/BIOS?

hi yes the bios is set to AHCI along with every thing else that recommended for asus bios settings triple checked this.
there only 3 ports on the mobo its self so didnt think that would matter but will try this and let you know thank you for the response

hi all
first off please exuse the spelling and grammer, its really not my strong point.
so this is my first time posting here and my first hackintosh build
i have been searching for days on this small problem and so far i have no luck
i have created a unibest sierra install usb no problem and am able to
boot and get to the select disk to install however i have no hard drives show up
after a bit i plugged my ssd using sata to usb and sierra was able to pck it up and install
after install was complete i ent through multi beast and kext wizard pluged my ssd back in and
now i get still waiting on root device. i have search high and low to solve this problem any help would be much apricated

my system is
asus g20aj
asus h97i custom mobo
i7-4790
sata ports are (ich10d) vendor id 8086 device id 3A05
12gb ram
256gb samsung ssd 840 pro
1tb toshiba hdd

thanks for taking time to read this
tried all sata ports with no luck :(
as it boots fine with unibest stick and macos installed on sdd via usb is it not just drivers i need

Were you able to see your original (pre-Sierra install) Samsung ssd as one of the SATA drives in the BIOS when you entered the BIOS Setup?

What mode of Booting (UEFI or Legacy) is your Sierra USB Installer Disk?

Does the Toshiba HDD ( SATA) contain any OS? If yes, what OS and what mode it is installed?

What mode is your BIOS Setup option booting into Legacy or UEFI?

Finally, could it be a "TRIM" problem with Samsung SSDs in MAC?

Last edited:
ok so
yes bios sees both ssd and hdd

install set to UEFI

both ssd and hdd have no os on them i have formated them the other day with a mac at work to have mas os exten j

bios boot up is UEFI

and never thought about TRIM due to nothing showing up not even dvd drive

how ever i will lookinto TRIM just to be on safe side

i have tried putting 3rd_party_sata.kext onto efi partion and boot using -v -f but no luck there aswell (unless i didnt load it like i should of )

If all of the above are right and your USB Installer Flash Disk can take you to the Installation screen, I find no reason why the Disk utility from the installer cannot view and partition and format your SSD [or SATA drive] and install your System on it. I find no need for you to remove the SSD and use a USB-SATA connector for your installer to partition and format it.

The best second opinion, in my view, is always to recheck one's own earlier steps to verify if anything is overlooked on account of fatigue or frustration.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back