Contribute
Register

SATA Cables and What to do with Extra G5 case?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte
CPU
Intel i7 - 920
Graphics
NVidia-9800GT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey guys, two questions, I will be getting a SR-2 mobo and am curious to know if anyone knows of SATA cables that will "piggyback" over the one beside it.
I'm just trying to avoid having all these crazy SATA cables sticking out and I know regular "right-angle" ones won't "piggyback" over each other nicely.

Look at pictures for examples, it's hard to explain.

detail.jpg

Also, I find myself with an extra G5 case that I have stripped down and I can't seem to sell it on CL for anything less than $50. (which I don't wanna do seeing as I paid $95). I'm not planning on building anything else, besides this SR-2 build (which won't fit in the G5). SO anyone got any ideas?

You can stuff that mobo into the G5 case.
You'll have to be creative as far as everything else going in there as well lol.

Just a thought, have you thought about making a guide for the sata cables out of some sort of rectangular tubing? Bent in the right place with the sata cables fed through, surely that would work.

You can stuff that mobo into the G5 case.
You'll have to be creative as far as everything else going in there as well lol.

like this build

lla11u-f3a1bf.jpg

lla12f-cc01a6.jpg

lla12z-b1c7de.jpg

tis crazy

Wow! Is this build described somewhere on tonymac?

na, hes a guy over on hardforum called nimbyfaygo.
he had a thread with loads of pictures. quite an amazing thread actually, but the pics are all down now.
found those on a thai osx forum

na, hes a guy over on hardforum called nimbyfaygo.
he had a thread with loads of pictures. quite an amazing thread actually, but the pics are all down now.
found those on a thai osx forum

Too sad, it really looks like an interesting different approach to the G5 modding...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back