Contribute
Register

SATA 6Gb/s / SATA III - PCIe Card - Works in LION !

Status
Not open for further replies.
My OZC 120 sata3 read 375 and write 360 with this China card connected to PCI EXP 2 How I can speed up it to full speed Also how put this card and video card to make video card x16 not x8 (I have 2 slot pci exp 2). Do I need to use the PCI card on me GA-z68x-ud3h-3h

Attachments

• DiskSpeedTest.png
    DiskSpeedTest.png
    358.6 KB · Views: 219
Actually, all I needed to do was to install the kext from multi beast for the ASM1061 chipset and to reassign my SSD as my first boot priority. It works like a charm now! I don't see GRUB anywhere anymore.

In my case, when i connect my OCZ Vertex3 to Marvell 9128
controller my hack stopped working a SLEEP!
Sleeps well, waking up is not working ..
Switched to intel, sleep came.
WTF ?

hy boys. i really don't understand my ssd behaviour.
i've tried both pci express 16x and 8x with my pci express card.
i'm using 3rd party driver by multi beast 4.0.2.
the problem is that i can reach 360mb/s in reading but i can only reach 140 mb/s on writing.
i even tried using sata 3 gigabyte controller and intel controller but nothing changes.
i have installed the latest firmware, 2.13 i think.
please notshy help me, why is my ssd writing score so low?

i really don't understand if it is an hardware issue or a next issue. i'm using third party internal sata driver from multi beast 4.0.2
but i really think that the reasons could be:
-motherboard's bios
-ssd firmware

Hello,

I've just received one of those ASM1061 SATA PCI cards as described in one of the first psotings of this thread. I'm using the card in a Gigabyte GA-H67N-USB3-B3 motherboard and have the following problems:

When I insert the SATA PCI card without connecting a drive I'm able to boot from my internal drive, where I have the possibility to select between the 4 connected internal drives.

As soon as I connect a drive to the internal ports of the SATA PCI card I'm not able to boot any longer from my internal drives (motherboard). I'm not even able to select the internal boot drive, because just the drive connected to the SATA PCI card is shown in the Bios (+ "Bootable add-in cards" menu item). During the boot sequence first the SATA PCI card is shown and the connected drive is listed. In the next step the internal SATA controller is shown. Normally the connected drives are listed but in this case I get the error message "No area available for command List / command table / FIS AHCI bios not installed". Is it possible to boot from an internal drive while another drive is connected to the SATA PCI card?

When I boot from the drive connected to the SATA PCI I'm able to access all drives connected to the internal SATA ports on the motherboard.

Can someone also please provide some info about the jumper settings? My SATA card did not include a description of the jumpers.

Thanks in advance for our help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back