Contribute
Register

Sapphire RX 580 and Catalina 7mb/8mb VRAM !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only fix seems to be the vbios re flash. Tech power up has the tools and the bios versions. If you go back on this thread there are posts describing the fix.
Caution: use at your own risk.
Thank you for your help.
I just reflash the vbios. System recognized the AMD, only HDMI is working but DVI doesn't work.

Thank you for your help.
I just reflash the vbios. System recognized the AMD, only HDMI is working but DVI doesn't work.
Easiest way is to get a DisplayPort to DVI adapter. You could also look into lilu plugins guide to patch the framebuffer. Maybe check into the Radeon SSDT performance thread. Mattystonnie may be able to create a custom SSDT for your system.

Easiest way is to get a DisplayPort to DVI adapter. You could also look into lilu plugins guide to patch the framebuffer. Maybe check into the Radeon SSDT performance thread. Mattystonnie may be able to create a custom SSDT for your system.
Is it possible to use both of AMD and onboard graphics?
Intel HD 630 and RX 580
Can you guide me on how to set the clover configuration?

@Gigamaxx
Thank you for the video and files
I made a progress :
I edit the info.plist (file like you show me in the video) of the AMD9500controller.Kext ➧ I reboot and it works:clap:
View attachment 446373
I replace the 2 other the info.plist with the ones you provided ➧ Kernel panic on reboot (even with safe boot)
Is there a trick to boot without those Kext ?

Is there a way that you make a video for editing the 2 other files ?
Big Thanks again
Gigamaxx Where can I find video file?

Gigamaxx Where can I find video file?
Sierra-Big Sur should not need any fixes for the RX 400-500 series cards except lilu.kext and Whatevergreen.kext. Are you having an issue with your card?

Sierra-Big Sur should not need any fixes for the RX 400-500 series cards except lilu.kext and Whatevergreen.kext. Are you having an issue with your card?
Yes

One curious thing is my GPU is Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX580 but Big Sur says it's Polaris RX580.
And I followed your video but when I build kext, it says signature is invalid

I cannot rebuild kext due to the error

While rebuilding kext, I faced error

Kext with invalid signature (-67030) allowed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back