GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3 1C
CPU
i7-2600K 4,2GHz
Graphics
Sapphire RX 570 ITX
Mac
iMac, Mac Pro
Hi there,

I just switched my GTX750Ti by a Sapphire RX 570 ITX (mini) for obvious reasons. I use dual displays with DVI and HDMI. Currently, I run without any kexts. nVidia drivers uninstalled. Issue happens in High Sierra and Mojave.

Everything works just perfectly, despite that the fan of the graphic card will start to spin at max speed when booting, and also when waking up from sleep. Sometimes only for a second (I know such behavior, but only when booting), but sometimes much longer. Maybe a minute or so.

I first thought it happened when I switch on the second display, but when going back to one display mode, it is still there. Eventually, it is a bit longer when the system has already worked a bit, but I am not sure.

So I installed Lilu and WhateverGreen (no special settings, just installed in EFI). Nothing went better, so I uninstalled again and now I ask for your help.

Any idea what to try next? Did I miss to set some parameters to Lilu or WEG?

BR,
Karlson.

Motherboard
ASRock X99E-ITX Micro ITX
CPU
i7-5820K
Graphics
RX 570
Hello,

I have the same card, and have the same behaviour. I believe night be just how the card works, and it does the same thing when running windows.

Did you find any solution?

Motherboard
Intel DZ87KLT-75K
CPU
i7-4770K
Graphics
RX 570
Mac
MacBook
Mobile Phone
iOS
I have the same card and have run it in a Haswell and Ivy Bridge system on Mojave and experienced the same behavior...seems to be normal. I'm pretty sure I've had it happen booting into Windows 10 as well.

Motherboard
HP 8300 CMT
CPU
i7-3770
Graphics
RX560
Mac
MacBook Pro
Has this been solved or explained?
I was hoping this card would be silent for most of the time unless under significant load - but seems it is more random?