Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Just to confirm that I followed these instructions to get my Sapphire Radeon 6770 working without flashing the card. All three monitors are running, 2 DVI and 1 on display port.

I copied the two specified kexts into a folder on the desktop, edited them and used kextutility to copy them back in(drag & drop). On reboot I needed to manually turn two of the monitors back on but otherwise everything was working. I can now restart each time and all three monitors come on as expected and at 1680x1050 resolution.

These were the settings that finally got me over the line (with the modified kexts):
GraphicsEnabler=Yes
Aticonfig=Vervet
AtiPorts=3
PCIRoot=1

I haven't done any graphics speed testing or 3d checks to confirm functionality however.

Just to confirm that I followed these instructions to get my Sapphire Radeon 6770 working without flashing the card. All three monitors are running, 2 DVI and 1 on display port.

I copied the two specified kexts into a folder on the desktop, edited them and used kextutility to copy them back in(drag & drop). On reboot I needed to manually turn two of the monitors back on but otherwise everything was working. I can now restart each time and all three monitors come on as expected and at 1680x1050 resolution.

These were the settings that finally got me over the line (with the modified kexts):
GraphicsEnabler=Yes
Aticonfig=Vervet
AtiPorts=3
PCIRoot=1

I haven't done any graphics speed testing or 3d checks to confirm functionality however.

Could you be more specific?

Also, which of the two models of the 6770, do you have?

The model that has this id: 0x68BA, or the model that has this ID: 0x68B8

What are the kext you've edited?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back