1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Sapphire Dual-X Radeon R9 270X OC 2GB GDDR5
VS
Gigabyte NVIDIA GTX660 2GB DDR5

What would be better for Windows And Hackintosh (Mavericks)
I Do Video Editing, Photo Editing and a bit of gaming.
I Will Do Gaming on windows and video, photo editing on mavericks.

What Card Would Be Most Compatible With Mavericks???
These Cards Are The Same Price where I live and the gtx 760 Much Expensive:beachball:
Can't seem to find an answer to this:banghead:
My Pc Specs
i5 4670k
500w Corsair PSU
8GB Corsair Vengeance
Z87X-D3H
1080P IPS MONITOR
Blu-Ray Drive
Samsung 840 Evo 120GB
Western Digital 1TB BLUE
Corsair 200R

P.S. I went out of my budget so Dont suggest me other cards, Thanks!!!

I have the same dilemma as well.

Anybody that tried these cards should be able to help us. I am in the exact same situation like you, already beyond my budget and I came across between these two cards.

FYI I had a Palit GTX 460, which was performing great on Windows and OSX. I running DOTA 2 on OSX without any issues, until it just died for unknown reason :banghead:

For the moment I can only share my opinion from the reviews and benchmarks that I read till now. To me R9 270x looks more superior than GTX 660 in regarding of specs. So, if I was not worried about the driver support/issues (if any) I would have gone for the ATI already.

Hope someone with hand on experience will help us both...:|

What Card Will You Chose? I'm buying the card today so I'll reply to this message in an hour or so :)
It's really a hard pick. Are you buying it from the uk?:idea:

I am using Asus R9 27X 2 gb, working smoothly. My system is GA-Z87-D3HP, I7 4770, 16GB ram Clover. FCP_X performance is grate

i just replaced a 660TI with an R9-270X. 660TI was 88 seconds and the the R9-270X came in at 42 seconds for Bruce X.

i just replaced a 660TI with an R9-270X. 660TI was 88 seconds and the the R9-270X came in at 42 seconds for Bruce X.

Thanks for the response on Bruce X. AMD cards are definitely much better for FCP X than Nvidia. If I wasn't dual booting I'd probably go with an R9 280X.

Does the 270X work out of the box?

Thanks

Pretty much. Changed my installation to boot from the EFI partiion, swapped out the 660TI with the R9-270X, set internal graphics to initial and off, and it booted right up. I'm using an ASUS R9-270X.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back