Contribute
Register

SAPPHIRE Pulse RX 580 Black Screen

Status
Not open for further replies.
This requires intel quicksynch so you need to partially enable the IGPU. However, Haswell and newer have both h265, h264 capabilities. Apple deactivated h264, 265 on Polaris cards for some reason? Ivy Bridge may only have 264?
Ironically, my R7 265 (R9 270 cut down board) has both in Mojave and works great.
It seems I'm able now to encode on Mojave using UHD630 for h.264 and RX570 for h.265! I just enabled iGFX and make it primary output and everything just work! My CPU utilization is about 20% when encoding h264 and about 15% when encoding HEVC.

hey guys which smbios would you recommend for a saphire vega 64 and 6700k ?
Use iMac17,1 and Mojave 10.14.2

Don't use -xcpm but check "PluginType" in the ACPI section of Clover Configurator for power management. If you're using an SSDT for power management then remove it.

If you want Intel Quicksync then enable the iGPU in UEFI but don't make it primary and don't do any Graphics injections in Clover. The 530 won't turn up in System Profiler but it will be in IORegistryExplorer and should be available for media compression apps that need it. Use Lilu and WhateverGreen to deal with black screen issues.

Till now I have done lots of setting, edit config, adding WEG and lilu kext still I cant fix hardware encoding on FCP, Premier Pro. Getting Very poor Performance on AMD RX 580. In IGPU HD 4000 QS encoding works Fine. even Enable both dGPU & iGPU same issues No hardware encoding. I have attached my EFI Please check whether settings are wrong and help me How to fix it ?
Screenshot 2019-01-18 at 8.02.59 PM.png

Screenshot 2019-01-22 at 12.17.51 AM.png

My system:-
OS MOJAVE 10.14.2
Z77 with i7 3770k
16G RAM
SAPPHIRE Pulse RX 580 8GB (PEG) Primary Display
HD4000 Secondary Display

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    3.6 MB · Views: 61
Stumbled upon this thread in my research:
For future reference, i cannot get POST without CSM enabled on asus z97-p with RX580. Tried both HDMI and DP (don't have DVI-cable). Works fine with CSM enabled, except low res in clover.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back