Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
My Hackintosh is currently on 10.13.6 with the following hardware:
  • Gigabyte GA-P55M - UD2
  • Intel Core i7 860 2.8Ghz
  • NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570 HD 1280 MB
I would like to upgrade to Mojave, so I purchased a Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 580 8GB. I uninstalled the Nvidia drivers as well as removed "Inject Nvidia" from my config.plist file prior to swapping in the new video card. Although the Hackintosh booted up ok, I can no longer get the 2560 x 1440 display resolution I was getting with the GTX 570:
GTX 570.png

The max resolution I can now get is 1920 x 1080:
RX 580.png

Previously I was using 2 Monoprice 27" IPS-ZERO-G Slim Monitors connected via DVI-D to the GTX 570. Since there is only one DVI-D port on the RX 580, I am using a DVI-D to DP connector for both monitors; connecting to the DVI-D port on the RX 580 results in a black monitor. How can I get the full available resolutions for these monitors? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Bruno

Did you install Lilu and WEG kexts to the /L/E folder ?

Thanks for the reply. No, I haven't installed those kexts. I looked at those threads regarding Lilu and WEG and was confused about where to download the kexts from.

I downloaded a zip file from the Github repository but I could not find any .kext file in the expanded folders.

Thanks for the reply. No, I haven't installed those kexts. I looked at those threads regarding Lilu and WEG and was confused about where to download the kexts from.

I downloaded a zip file from the Github repository but I could not find any .kext file in the expanded folders.

You open the zip file of the release versions. Then open the folder and the lilu.kext is right there. Looks like a lego piece. That's all you need. Both are attached below for you. Install both with Kextbeast app.

Screen Shot 16.jpg

Attachments

• 1.3.0.RELEASE.zip
    420.7 KB · Views: 61
  • 1.3.7.RELEASE.zip
    251.7 KB · Views: 61
Copy, thanks! Although I figured out my problem; the DVI-D to DP adapter that I had purchased from Amazon only worked for resolutions up to 1920 x 1080; I purchased a different DVI-D adaptor and now I get the full resolutions again!

Thanks for the prompt replies trs96, I appreciate it!

Bruno

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back