Contribute
Register

Sapphire Nitro+ AMD Radeon RX 6600 XT 8GB GDDR6 or ASRock Phantom Gaming D Radeon RX 6600 XT 8GB for $100 less?

Motherboard
ASUS ROG STRIX Z790-H Gaming
CPU
i7-14700K
Graphics
RX 6600 XT
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Building out a new Hack.. It looks like these cards are virtually identical but would it be smart to just return the Sapphire Nitro+ I already have in shipment and get the ASRock Phantom Gaming D Radeon RX 6600 XT 8GB off NewEgg for $100 less? It seems like the ASRock a bit bigger too or am I missing something? I know it'll depend on case too. Thanks!

Was that a stupid question? Lol

Building out a new Hack.. It looks like these cards are virtually identical but would it be smart to just return the Sapphire Nitro+ I already have in shipment and get the ASRock Phantom Gaming D Radeon RX 6600 XT 8GB off NewEgg for $100 less? It seems like the ASRock a bit bigger too or am I missing something? I know it'll depend on case too. Thanks!
If you already have the Sapphire card and it is working fine for you, I would say keep using it rather than sending it back for a refund and then wait for another card.

If you already have the Sapphire card and it is working fine for you, I would say keep using it rather than sending it back for a refund and then wait for another card.
Well it's not even open yet so that's why I was asking if I should just return it and get the other one for 100 less

Well it's not even open yet so that's why I was asking if I should just return it and get the other one for 100 less
I see. If the cards are "virtually identical" as you said, then it may be worthwhile to get a cheaper card. But do you have to pay to send the Sapphire card back?

Personally I would choose to stick with the Sapphire card as I have good experiences with them. And Apple recommends using Sapphire cards as eGPU with Intel Macs :

I see. If the cards are "virtually identical" as you said, then it may be worthwhile to get a cheaper card. But do you have to pay to send the Sapphire card back?

Personally I would choose to stick with the Sapphire card as I have good experiences with them. And Apple recommends using Sapphire cards as eGPU with Intel Macs :
True.. but yeah it'd be free back to Amazon. Good point on Sapphire, thank you.

Back