Contribute
Register

Sapphire HD 6870 Not working?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Totally new to this but I could not boot to ML without GRahicsEnabler=No PCIRootUID=No,

AS per earlier post Installed the following with Kext Helper and hey presto dual monitor plus HDMI to 42 LCD

My card Radeon PowerColor HD6870

ATI6000Controller
ATIFramebuffer
ATISupport

Maybe can help someone with files I used

Sorry for the late reply!
Here are the totally stock lion kexts i used to get my card working. I also included my Boot.plist as requested by someone else.

http://cl.ly/341U3a2J3r0j

iGee, thank you for your helpful download. I have tried many methods to get my 6870 (not a Sapphire, an XFX) working, but this is the first that has solved it. I'm not quite sure exactly what was wrong, but using your kexts and rebuilding my cache and permissions with Kext Wizard did the trick. Thanks!! :)

No problem mate!

I still don't see how reinstalling a kext (the ML one) that needed removing for a successful uniBeast boot, would somehow work after the installation is complete. :S It seems that method worked for a few people though. Strange.

Was using lower dvi port - so i got all of them working with only ati6000cont modified, which i dot need .
With top dvi port working only- orgin kexts are good DvD works etc. without frame buffer change,
If you cant get it work just use GE-yes and villa kexts.;)- dual fans OC version.

Attachments

• AMDRadeonAccelerator.kext.zip
    2 MB · Views: 243
  • ATI6000Controller.kext.zip
    338.6 KB · Views: 239
  • ATIFramebuffer.kext.zip
    153.1 KB · Views: 224
  • ATISupport.kext.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 216
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back