Contribute
Register

Sapphire HD 6450 1GB 100322L - framebuffer please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
MSI P55-GD80
CPU
i5-760 3.8ghz
Graphics
MSI GTX 970 Golden Edition
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. MacBook Air
  3. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iBook
  2. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Also posted in Chimera Requests.

Hi, long time benefactor of this forum with my first issue. Finally got a GPU to replace the GTX 470 in my HTPC (overkill? :)) but I'm not having any luck getting the framebuffer to load and System Profiler sees a Radeon 6xxx 1024MB.

My hardware:
GPU: Sapphire HD 6450 1GB, Model #100322L
Other: ASUS P8H67-M PRO/CSM, Core i3-2100; iGPU off/PEG only in BIOS. Sony KDL-46NX700 via HDMI.

My steps:
1. Clean install of 10.7 using rboot and installer partition, update to 10.7.3, run EasyBeast, install audio kexts and lnx2mac, reboot.
2. Boots to gray screen at desktop, decide to try PCIRootUID=1 and iMac(12,2) based on this thread.
3. Desktop loads, QE/CI working but no framebuffer, HDMI and VGA working.
4. Disconnect VGA, try all of the ATIConfigs with GE=yes and ATIPorts=3, no go.
5. Add Device ID to 6xxx kext even though it's already in there.
6. Compile DSDT with patches from olaria, try ATIConfigs again, no luck, although I no longer need GE or PCI to get to desktop with QE/CI. However, with GE=yes I still need PCI=1 to load a desktop.
7. Switch back to MacPro(3,1), still no luck.

I just ran through all ATIConfigs again without PCIRoot or GE and with ATIPorts=3 (I understand this shouldn't activate without GE but, you know, for good measure) with no luck. I start again with GE=yes. Here's where things get more interesting:
First I try Pithecia with ATIPorts=3:
GE=y, black screen, ssh says pithecia loaded
GE=y and PCI=0, black screen, pithecia loaded
GE=y and PCI=1, desktop, default loaded?
Try again without ATIPorts, same results.

Help?

I used to think that ATIConfigs only initialized with GE=yes, but other posts have led me to believe otherwise. Is this the case? Is ATIConfig=Bulrushes GE=y different than Bulrushes with "no"?

Should I switch back to iMac(12,2)?

I'm not expecting results out of this current experiment so my next step is to get my ROM using gpu-z as it worked for this user and then try editing the bootloader if the ROM fails. Any other thoughts? Could someone please save me from sitting in front of a rebooting computer all day? Thanks for your time!

Code:
01:00.0 VGA compatible controller [0300]: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] nee ATI Caicos [Radeon HD 6450] [1002:6779] (prog-if 00 [VGA controller])
   Subsystem: PC Partner Limited Sapphire HD 6450 1GB DDR3 [174b:e164]
--

01:00.1 Audio device [0403]: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] nee ATI Caicos HDMI Audio [Radeon HD 6400 Series] [1002:aa98]
   Subsystem: PC Partner Limited Sapphire HD 6450 1GB DDR3 [174b:aa98]

P.S. Thanks a million for everything so far - iboot and this forum have been indispensable in my osx projects.

Attachments

• bettyioregdump.zip
    593 KB · Views: 61
  • DSDT.AML.zip
    16.6 KB · Views: 73
  • org.chameleon.Boot.plist.zip
    551 bytes · Views: 96
Finished all configs with GE=y, PCI=1 and ports=3. All loaded to desktop but no framebuffer loaded. Downloading chimera source now, going to try Ipomoea again without ATIPorts and different PCIRoots because I think that's the one based on another user's experience, although Sapphire did make this card 3 different ways.

same card...did you find a solution?
any luck?
i use two monitors Tv from Hdmi and Lcd monitor via Vga...with Ge=Yes Ati port = 3 and Duckweed i get right resolutions but
my system show the card as AMD RADEON 6xxx
DVD WORKS
With Pithecia I see only my TV no Lcd monitor (black screen)
any help for testing would be great..thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back