HD 530
Mac
  1. iMac
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
I just installed Mavericks and it can recognize my video card and display in HDMI only. DVI shows black screen after loading for 1 minute with no boot options in Chameleon-2.2svn can load OK when using safemode only. In HDMI, the display card ATI 5670 is recognized but 1920x1080 is not available

When trying in Youtube with HDMI, the performance is not good when viewing in HD quality and full screen. The video turns into slow motion.

Please help on how to improve video performance and getting 1920x1080.

Thanks in advance!

Are you using GraphicsEnabler?
Are you using a Framebuffer? (Eulemur, Baboon, etc....)
What ports do you have and how many?

I ran a HD5670 (3 ports - HDMI, DVI, VGA) in Snow Leopard and Mountain Lion
I added this to my boot.plist
(Eulemur was my framebuffer, it worked OK, it can be edited for your ports)

<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>AtiConfig</key>
<string>Eulemur</string>
<key>AtiPorts</key>
<string>3</string>
<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>1680x1050x32</string>

There are 3 ports: HDMI, DDVI, DP.

When using HDMI, GraphicsEnabler=Yes. Graphic card recognized as ATI Radeon HD 5670 1024MB.

When using DVI, the system can only load successfully with -x GraphicsEnabler=No. Graphic card recognized as ATI Radeon HD 5000 1024 MB.

No framebuffers used. And I am going to test a few framebuffers to see if it works. I will try Uakari as I dont use DP. Since I usually use DVI, getting DVI work with 1920x1080x32 and good video performance is good enough for me.
Thanks~

This member used Langur for his card in M Lion, he referenced another poster in this forum too.
"Entire problem was to find proper framebuffer. Thanks to poster in this forum."
(Sapphire Radeon HD 5670 1 GB video card in 10.8.2)

http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-h...nnot-boot-mountain-lion-after-multibeast.html

AtiConfig=Langur
AtiPorts=3
GraphicsEnabler=Yes

*Another possible thought would be to add the PCI Root ID fix to your boot flags

Good Luck

I tried Labgur, ATIPorts=3, GE=yes but the video performance still poor. It seems many variance for frame buffers. Does frame buffer setting affects video performance or it just affects which port can output video without performance effects?
Thanks!

I do not think it would effect frame rate.

Each framebuffer does has different variables for output-connectors

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/to...ati-radeon-hd45xxx/?pid=1649902&mode=threaded
http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/273937-guide-getting-xfx-hd6850-connectors-to-work/

Your system definition can also effect video/video performance (mac mini, imac, mac pro, etc....)

As For YOU TUBE, right click on a video and see if you are using hardware acceleration
(try enable/disable)

Does SD work OK?
It also seems that HD video is a problem for some people as I have read through the forum
(mostly iTunes)

*you could also check your console.app log and see if there is an error report or anything
that might be a problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back