Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Z97X-UD3H
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
RX 580 + HD4600
I've found a Sapphire Dual-X R9 280 (non-x) at a very good price. I searched tonymacx86, but curiously Ι couldn't find anything about it, or any other 280(non-x) card. Does anybody use such a GPU, would you recommend it or do you know if they work OOB? Any advice and suggestions will be greatly appreciated, as I'm buying the hardware for my first hackintosh these days!

PS: z97x-ud3h mobo, i7 4790k

I've found a Sapphire Dual-X R9 280 (non-x) at a very good price. I searched tonymacx86, but curiously Ι couldn't find anything about it, or any other 280(non-x) card. Does anybody use such a GPU, would you recommend it or do you know if they work OOB? Any advice and suggestions will be greatly appreciated, as I'm buying the hardware for my first hackintosh these days!

PS: z97x-ud3h mobo, i7 4790k

Hi,
I am running the R9 280 in my Mac Pro. It is no Hackintosh, but it just worked perfectly out of the box in OSX. The performance is also very good.
I hope, that helped a little.

Greetings,
Asder0815

Thanks for your reply. That's good news, it means that the card is supported. Are you running yosemite?

Thanks for your reply. That's good news, it means that the card is supported. Are you running yosemite?

Yes, I am running Yosemite

Did you get the Sapphire and is it working ok?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back