Graphics
AMD 5770
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi all,

I am in the processes of building my second Hackintosh. My previous system was relatively simple to get up and running however I am having a hell of a time with this second system.
I can't for the life of me get an ATI 4850 working. I have searched this site as well as google, followed numerous guides that people have used to get there 4850 up and running - I've tried multibeast as well as other kexts all without success.

Does any have a guaranteed way to get this gfx card up and runnnig?

Thanks in advance.

jkav28 said:
Hi all,

I am in the processes of building my second Hackintosh. My previous system was relatively simple to get up and running however I am having a hell of a time with this second system.
I can't for the life of me get an ATI 4850 working. I have searched this site as well as google, followed numerous guides that people have used to get there 4850 up and running - I've tried multibeast as well as other kexts all without success.

Does any have a guaranteed way to get this gfx card up and runnnig?

Thanks in advance.
It is possible to get it working, but extremely difficult. That is why we call that card, the "ATI From Hell".

abc676 said:
tony can i just ask would that apply to my hd radeon 5450 card aswell....from what i am learning the ati cards are not great for osx intallation
The 5450 is not supported.

Some ATI cards work great. You just happen to have an unfriendly card and an unsupported card. The 57xx, 58xx and 59xx seem to work fine when using my install guide and are based on ATI reference designs.

abc676 said:
so anyone here know about the palit card, would be very handy if i could just slot that in my system
The 9500GT should work OOB.

MacMan said:
abc676 said:
so anyone here know about the palit card, would be very handy if i could just slot that in my system
The 9500GT should work OOB.

thanks tony :p :lol:

So I completely gave up on the 4850 and tried a GTS 250 I had floating around. After trying Kexts, injectors and efi strings I gave up. I read so many success stories with both these cards but despite following guides and trying to be creative I had zero luck. I even tried a 3870, garbled images. So my last resort was an 8800GTS, all it needed was a simple injector and that was it.
I am actually surprised by the performance however obviously doesn't match my GTX260OC in my first hackintosh, then again that system is an i5 750 vs an i3 550.

Ok, so I am a dick. I tried the GTS250 again, after coming by an interesting topic - GTS250 problems HDMI 10.6.4 .
All this time I had been trying to get this card working with HDMI not realizing it won't work. VGA works fine though :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back