Contribute
Register

Sapphire 6870 recognised as 6xxx - No DVD Player or Steam

Status
Not open for further replies.
RiderFx3 said:
I have the same issue with an ASUS AMD Radeon HD 6670...
detected as 6xxx and no frambuffer is loaded...
I tried GE=Yes, GE=No, PCIRootUID=0, PCIRootUID=1, with AtiPorts=3, and differents AtiConfig=Pithecia, Bulsrushes..

But there is no progress at all... and the IOReg command show "RadeonFramebuffer" all time long.

GeekBench crash at startup.

I have a Saphire 6670 with Radeonframebuffer with card detected as ATI6xxx but ....

I see absolutely no negative effects:

1) I can run with 2 monitors at their native res. (DVI + HDMI)
2) No crash with geek bench (32bit) with 64 bit MacOS
3) Can run all apps requiring CE/QI

Am i missing something?

scousi said:
RiderFx3 said:
I have the same issue with an ASUS AMD Radeon HD 6670...
detected as 6xxx and no frambuffer is loaded...
I tried GE=Yes, GE=No, PCIRootUID=0, PCIRootUID=1, with AtiPorts=3, and differents AtiConfig=Pithecia, Bulsrushes..

But there is no progress at all... and the IOReg command show "RadeonFramebuffer" all time long.

GeekBench crash at startup.

I have a Saphire 6670 with Radeonframebuffer with card detected as ATI6xxx but ....

I see absolutely no negative effects:

1) I can run with 2 monitors at their native res. (DVI + HDMI)
2) No crash with geek bench (32bit) with 64 bit MacOS
3) Can run all apps requiring CE/QI

Am i missing something?

More tests:

With Bulrushes FB, I can get the card detected as 6670 with 2 monitors on HDMI and DVI. However, for some strange reason they are inverted! My samsung monitor shows up as my Acer and my Acer monitor shows up as my Samsung with the wrong native resolution on both.

Regardless of which FB I use, I can never get my card properly detected as 6670 when I run built-in Ethernet with EFI string (so no iCloud or AppSore access in this case).

My card is this one:

http://www.canadacomputers.com/product_ ... _id=038374

No VGA (100% digital outputs)

Thanks for your report.

Depending on the brand of graphics cards, the solutions are not the same!
Even if the chip is identical (HD 6670)

My card does not charge Bulrushes ... Geekbench not start too....

RiderFx3 said:
Thanks for your report.

Depending on the brand of graphics cards, the solutions are not the same!
Even if the chip is identical (HD 6670)

My card does not charge Bulrushes ... Geekbench not start too....

Not always the case, the 6870, regardless of brand is a top card to purchase and 9/10 times, it requires no effort to work and detect correct framebuffer and 100% OOB.

:thumbup:

Yeah I have understand that 2 weeks ago after I have purchased my f**king ASUS HD 6670 !!!

Tonymac should delete this card to custobuilds recommended

RiderFx3 said:
Yeah I have understand that 2 weeks ago after I have purchased my f**king ASUS HD 6670 !!!

Tonymac should delete this card to custobuilds recommended

LOL totally agree man, thats one thing that ticks me off around here... some of the recommended builds SHOULD NOT be recommended seriously. All round though you can appreciate the amount of helpful people around here. This is why I am apart of this community.

Lets remove the rubbish from the facts! I say.

Hi

I'm pretty new to all this so any help is appreciated. I have a Gigabyte 6850 and am having the 6xxx/dvd player crashing problem. I've looked around and nothing I do will fix it.

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
	<key>Kernel</key>
	<string>mach_kernel</string>
	<key>Kernel Flags</key>
	<string>npci=0x2000 darkwake=0 PCIRootUID=0</string>
	<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>Timeout</key>
	<string>2</string>
	<key>Legacy Logo</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>GenerateCStates</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>GeneratePStates</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>UseKernelCache</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>device-properties</key>
	<string>4b0000000100000001....etc</string>

</dict>
</plist>

That's my boot plist. I need PCIRootUID=0 or1 or else I get a blank screen. I need the device properties at the bottom for my ethernet or else I can't log into the app store. I tried AtiPorts=4 and AtiConfig=Duckweed but neither helped. Should I try other Framebuffer configs? I am using HDMI plugged into my HDTV until I get a monitor in the next couple of weeks or so.

Any help is appreciated.

PCIRootUID=0 and the Device Properties String that you've got to give you access to the App Store are whats stopping your frame buffer from loading.
I had the exact same problem.
Now I plug my PowerColor 6870 to my HDTV with a MiniDisplayPort-HDMI cable.
I don't use PCIRootUID, AtiConfig, AtiPorts, Device Properties or any other tweaks in my plist and everything works flawlessly.

Try keeping you plist as vanilla as possible.
When you connect to your monitor via DVI shortly, try removing those things and report back.
I'm confident it'll work. The 6850 and 6870 are the two best cards to have right now IMO.

Sweet thanks for the speedy reply. Once I get that monitor I will let you know how it works out.

::EDIT::
Just to get a little more clarity on the topic/problem, is the card showing up as 6xxx and dvd player crashing more of an aesthetic and convenience problem or is it an actual technical problem that should be addressed? Basically, is this problem decreasing the performance of my computer?

Yes it is decreasing performance. It might not seem that big of a deal at first but the program's that won't work if you have your card recognised as 6xxx go beyond just the DVD Player.

Geekbench
Steam
Batman Arkham Asylum
and
Ableton (Partial functionality)

To name a few, will not work at all unless you get this fixed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back