Graphics
Radeon HD 6850
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Trying to get HDMI audio working on my 6850, but so far no go. I have read all instructions on the subject and still can't quite get it right. I am trying this from a fresh Mountain Lion install using the Tonymac provided DSDT for my motherboard. I believe I've made the correct DSDT edits but so far I have no HDMI audio devices listed in my system outputs. I'm using the "Bulrushes" framebuffer to boot though i've tried Duckweed and this doesn't work either. Could use some help on where to go from here. I will upload my DSDT and a copy of my IOREG.

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    447 KB · Views: 98
Trying to get HDMI audio working on my 6850, but so far no go.
The reason HDMI audio is not working is the display address; should be
Device (PEGP)
{
Name (_ADR, 0x00010000)

It appears important dsdt code was removed in the editing. Recommend starting over with a fresh dsdt from the DSDT database. See Mountain Lion HDMI Audio for an overview and use the HD3000_Award_hdmi_audio_dsdt_editing_kit (assuming HD3000 processor) from Mountain Lion HDMI Audio - Award DSDT.

Bulrushes will never provide HDMI audio; Duckweed may work. If not, framebuffer edits may solve the problem.

Reply with an IOReg and newly edited dsdt.

...and use the HD3000_Award_hdmi_audio_dsdt_editing_kit (assuming HD3000 processor) from Mountain Lion HDMI Audio - Award DSDT.

Thank you for quick reply! Excuse my ignorance on the subject, but why would I use the HD3000 kit? I have no HDMI connection on my Gigabyte P67A-UD3 motherboard. The HDMI port i'm trying to enable audio in is on my Sapphire 6850 Card. Wouldn't I therefore use the series 6 dsdt edit kit?

The Duckweed framebuffer does not allow both my HDMI and DVI ports on my card to function. However, I read somewhere in this thread that there are ways to edit the Duckweed framebuffer to make it function. Is that also true? Again thanks for the help it is much appreciated.

Thank you for quick reply! Excuse my ignorance on the subject, but why would I use the HD3000 kit? I have no HDMI connection on my Gigabyte P67A-UD3 motherboard. The HDMI port i'm trying to enable audio in is on my Sapphire 6850 Card. Wouldn't I therefore use the series 6 dsdt edit kit?

The Duckweed framebuffer does not allow both my HDMI and DVI ports on my card to function. However, I read somewhere in this thread that there are ways to edit the Duckweed framebuffer to make it function. Is that also true? Again thanks for the help it is much appreciated.
There isn't a six series kit. There used to be one and then HD4000 came about. Use the HD3000 kit. Regarding Duckweed, it is your choice, HDMI audio or not. You'll have to find find the thread for the Duckweed/DVI patch.

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    512 KB · Views: 103
How can I get HDMI Audio on my Z68-UD3H with the UEFI U1h Bios to work? I try to get it work with a modified dsdt, but while compiling I get always errors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back