Contribute
Register

Sapphire 11265-05-20G Radeon PULSE RX 580 8GB

Status
Not open for further replies.
On Sale $239.99 @ Amazon. (I paid $299.99 couple weeks ago)
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06ZZ6FMF8/?tag=tonymacx86com-20
Works OOB.

Today it's $269.99. Or maybe it's just me. :confused:

Screen Shot 2018-08-23 at 5.53.19 PM.png

Video was a big challenge for my last build. This time around, I'm relieved to have advice from folks like you. I've read all your posts on your Z370 + RX580 build, so I'm going with that. Thanks a bunch!

Apple used the Sapphire RX 580 Pulse 8GB card in it's developers' eGPU peripheral which it sold only to developers. Thus, the card works OOB. I've been using it since Sierra 10.12.6 and can vouch for its working w/o the extra graphics kexts.

Apple used the Sapphire RX 580 Pulse 8GB card in it's developers' eGPU peripheral which it sold only to developers. Thus, the card works OOB. I've been using it since Sierra 10.12.6 and can vouch for its working w/o the extra graphics kexts.

Are you getting hardware acceleration on the RX580? Are you enabling iGPU as well to accomplish this? I'm using a Gigabyte Aorus RX 570 and can't get hardware acceleration working. I've tried with iGPU disabled first, then enabling it. I need it for FCPX rendering. Everything seems to be working fine but no acceleration. I may pick one of these up if it's easier to get working. Thanks

@stevegut78,

Acceleration, Yes. No, I didn't enable iGPU. As a long time Macintosh user, I buy what Apple supports. This time, buying the Sapphire RX 580 Pulse 8GB card was a no-brainier.

@stevegut78,

Acceleration, Yes. No, I didn't enable iGPU. As a long time Macintosh user, I buy what Apple supports. This time, buying the Sapphire RX 580 Pulse 8GB card was a no-brainier.

Good to know. I thought I was doing the same thing by buying the Gigabyte AORUS Radeon RX570 4G thinking since it's an RX570, it would "just work". But I made a mistake and didn't realize it wouldn't. Everything seems to work fine but I noticed my xGPU usage is way too low and it's all CPU when rendering 4K video. Thanks for clearing it up. I just ordered from Amazon.

@stevegut78,

Well just popped the RX 580 in. Did a direct swap with my 570 . No dice :( iGPU disabled... If I check MacX Video Converter it says hardware encoding supported NO. I have the following in my EFI\clover\kexts\other:

AppleALC.kext
FakeSMC.kext
Lilu.kext
realtekALC.kext

Not sure what's going on here. I know this isn't a fix thread and I opened one up in the graphics section during the same issue with my RX 570. It's got to be a config issue. Using iMac 19,1. Any tips please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back