Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
hi there,

i wonder who got a HD4670 1GB on a p6t (non deluxe). obviously this config is not documented, i have now managed to install 10.6 with audio drivers enabled, cpus (i7 920) in mint condition but no graphics.

i wonder if there is a solution for me. when i try to upgrade to 10.6.2 i get kernel panic all the way. bummer.

my config:

asus p6t (non deluxe)
6GB ram
ati saphire hd4670
1tb samsung spinpoint

big up to tony and his amazing tool. you rock

You should explain better when/what KP you're seeing. You should be focused to updating to 10.6.2 even if you have to boot every time in safe mode and then worry about the graphics. Can you update to 10.6.2 with safe mode ?

i cant even do the upgrade, since it freezes even before the upgrade is finished. but since i am a tuff boy i gonna try and try until it works. i have seen the same with my lenovo netbook, and you gotta fail 10 times until it works. but i still wonder what makes it work since i dont change anything.

i gonna try the card as a ATI Radeon HD 4890 now, since it got 1Gb RAM as well. maybe that works out. whatcha think ?

petersmilla said:
big up to tony and his amazing tool. you rock

That's what she said... :lol:

Ok, well, I'd try some of the ATI 48xx kexts in MultiBeast- don't have an ATI card, but they seemed to work great for others. Also, the 4890 has a special iBoot that works.

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=197&p=1246#p1246

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back