Contribute
Register

SandyBridge i7 2600K trying to install El Capitan

Status
Not open for further replies.
I finally got El Capitan installed an running it recognized my ram,processor and graphics card with no issues. it even had the Ethernet port working with out any issues at all. my issue now is that I wont boot without the USB stick plugged in. I keep getting a error message.
You might look at:
Clover Basics and Switching Advice

It's been a long weekend with this machine and I still can't seem to get it to boot without the USB stick inside. Things I've tried
I downloaded FakeSMC and NullCPUPowerManagement and put in kext/10.11 folder and kext/other but it did not work
I installed Unibeast and Clover several times, didn't work
I tried fresh installing several times with post install of legacy and Legacy Root still not working.
I tried editing the plist with my HDD's name and still won't boot it just go to the HDD screen and once I click the OSX hdd I get the apple logo with an empty bar. I checked and the bootflag is there CPUS=1 so I don't think that's the issue. Any help please this is frustrating hopefully it's all worth it once I get the machine up and running.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    692.2 KB · Views: 93
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    445.1 KB · Views: 90
Sorry just wanted to show the screen I was getting. I'll post the verbose screen next. Updated with verbose Pictures

The photo of the Apple logo isn't very helpful. Please boot verbose (space bar from the Clover menu) and post a photo of that screen where it stops.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    822.7 KB · Views: 96
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    769.2 KB · Views: 101
It's been a long weekend with this machine and I still can't seem to get it to boot without the USB stick inside. Things I've tried
I downloaded FakeSMC and NullCPUPowerManagement and put in kext/10.11 folder and kext/other but it did not work
I installed Unibeast and Clover several times, didn't work
I tried fresh installing several times with post install of legacy and Legacy Root still not working.
I tried editing the plist with my HDD's name and still won't boot it just go to the HDD screen and once I click the OSX hdd I get the apple logo with an empty bar. I checked and the bootflag is there CPUS=1 so I don't think that's the issue. Any help please this is frustrating hopefully it's all worth it once I get the machine up and running.

NullCPUPowermanagement.kext isn't needed with Clover. Attach Config.plist & Attach screenshot in verbose mode i.e -v.

still having issues booting without USB stick. heres my .Plist maybe someone can take a look at it? thanks

Attachments

• config.plist
    4.3 KB · Views: 186
still having issues booting without USB stick. heres my .Plist maybe someone can take a look at it? thanks

Boot verbose, show photo.

Also, success booting depends on more factors than config.plist. Post EFI/Clover folder as ZIP; please omit 'themes'.

I posted pictures of my verbose it's on post #14. I'll post my clover EFI/Clover folder when I get home thanks for your reply.

Also, success booting depends on more factors than config.plist. Post EFI/Clover folder as ZIP; please omit 'themes'.

this is my clover folder any help anyone can provide would be great thanks.

Attachments

• CLOVER.rar
    3.8 MB · Views: 53
  • image (1).jpg
    image (1).jpg
    769.2 KB · Views: 85
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    822.7 KB · Views: 94
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back