EVGA GTX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi guys I have a older system that still runs great no issues an now I'm trying to install OSX 10.11 El Capitan on it but I haven't had any luck getting the usb to boot so I can install the OS. these are the specs of the system I'm trying to install 10.11 on. I went into the bios and changed my sata mode to AHCI also set the bios to optimized defaults. but when I hit F8 an try to boot from USB stick it just say "Loading operating system' nothing else happens. any help would be much appreciated.

i7 2600K
evga GTX 580
Gigabyte Ga-z68xp-ud4
128gb ocz vertex 4
8gb corsair ddr3 ram

Hey OVB thanks for your reply sadly I can't even get to the point where I can boot with -V. All I can do it boot pressing F8 and once I hit boot from USB-HDD it goes right into the Loading screen no other screen shows up. Could it be a issue with the USB stick I made on the Mac? when making the USB stick with Unibeast should I have chosen UEFI or LEGACY mode? side note unibeast took about 40 mins to complete. it was done on a 2011 iMac running 10.10.

okay guys thanks for the replies I've been reading a lot on this site trying to find a solution and I made a few changes first I put he USB stick into a USB 2.0 slot instead of a 3.0 slot. second I changed the SATA port from a 3.0 to a 2.0 slot. now when I boot from the USB I finally get the clover screen. I click install Mac OSX and get the apple logo and a bar on the bottom starts going but only gets half way before I get a error or panic message. I've uploaded screenshots hopefully I can get some advice on my next step. also I tried booting with -v but it wouldn't let me input anything at all maybe I was doing something wrong not sure.

Attachments

• Clover Boot.JPG
    Clover Boot.JPG
    785.1 KB · Views: 206
  • apple logo halfway boot.jpg
    apple logo halfway boot.jpg
    734 KB · Views: 212
  • panic log.jpg
    panic log.jpg
    518.5 KB · Views: 291
okay guys thanks for the replies I've been reading a lot on this site trying to find a solution and I made a few changes first I put he USB stick into a USB 2.0 slot instead of a 3.0 slot. second I changed the SATA port from a 3.0 to a 2.0 slot. now when I boot from the USB I finally get the clover screen. I click install Mac OSX and get the apple logo and a bar on the bottom starts going but only gets half way before I get a error or panic message. I've uploaded screenshots hopefully I can get some advice on my next step. also I tried booting with -v but it wouldn't let me input anything at all maybe I was doing something wrong not sure.
Try adding boot flag cpu=1

How would I go about adding that? Also do I type in "boot flag cpu=1" or just "cpu=1" Sorry for the noob question.
Try adding boot flag cpu=1

I finally got El Capitan installed an running it recognized my ram,processor and graphics card with no issues. it even had the Ethernet port working with out any issues at all. my issue now is that I wont boot without the USB stick plugged in. I keep getting a error message.

Attachments

• error boot.jpg
    error boot.jpg
    599.2 KB · Views: 202
  • osx running.jpg
    osx running.jpg
    468.5 KB · Views: 181
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back