CPU
i7 3930k
Graphics
GT 220
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
So I'm very inexperienced with this SSDT thing but I'm not really feeling like zero power management is ideal for my 3930k. Could anyone clarify exactly why the 2011 chipset is said to have no power management? The new multibeast has options for SSDT for the i7 but I'm wondering if that actually works. I'm using HW monitor and it's only showing it as having two frequencies. Is there any way to bring power management to my x79 sabertooth/3930k even if it's somewhat generic and not exactly native. I'm really interested in RevoGirl's script but would like to know if that is something that might work for me or will I be wasting my time. It is really sad that she passed away.

So I'm very inexperienced with this SSDT thing but I'm not really feeling like zero power management is ideal for my 3930k. Could anyone clarify exactly why the 2011 chipset is said to have no power management? The new multibeast has options for SSDT for the i7 but I'm wondering if that actually works. I'm using HW monitor and it's only showing it as having two frequencies. Is there any way to bring power management to my x79 sabertooth/3930k even if it's somewhat generic and not exactly native. I'm really interested in RevoGirl's script but would like to know if that is something that might work for me or will I be wasting my time. It is really sad that she passed away.

As RevoGirl's SSDT script goes I found this guide that still uses her script and explains how to use it. Works great for me but I don't know about the x79... You can find the guide here

Hey thanks! I'll give it a shot and report back!

Hi Jamesah,

I am considering a build on the socket 2011 as well so I am wondering if you got already to the point of testing the referred script?
Also I couldn't find what the actual limitations are of the speedstep functionality when applying this script. Would you know?

Ciao

I am running ML on an MSI X79A-GD65(8D) mobo with an i7-3820, overclocked to 4.4GHz. I have to use NullCPUPM because there is no AICPM patch available that works for socket2011. I have a custom SSDT which defines up to and above 4.4GHz power states, but I can see that the system only switches between my full clock rate (in this case reported as 4.3GHz overclocked) and idle 1.2GHz. Just two clock speeds.

I am able to confirm that the same two rates are used in Windows, so it has something to do with the processor only having two power states that it supports, or something about my BIOS options is only allowing for two speeds. All power savings options in the BIOS are turned on. Same thing happens with everything turned off.

Everything I have read says that we will not have a working AICPM until Apple uses Socket2011. So therefore we can get power states to work by faking it with NullCPUPM and SSDT, but sleep will not work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back