Radeon 6450
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Other
Hi to all!!

first thanks to Tony and all this community for the efforts to make all this possible!

Now to my question, I've been trying to install SL on a second hackintosh rig with a i7 2600k and a gigabyte ga-z77x-ud5h, but there is no way I could do it. The installation freezes after 5 min. of the white and gray apple loading screen and the monitor turns off and that's it.

I've been looking into many posts, but with no success to find a way to do it. I found out that this combination is not the best to run with SL, but currently where I am there are not z68 mobos anymote to follow the suggestions of the sandy bridge buyers guide. I'm wanting to use a sandy bridge processor because I use pro tools 9 for audio production and SL offers the best performance. There is even no version of it for ML.

Here is what I did:
- install 1 ram module 4 gb, 1 hd 500gb, just monitor mouse and keyboard.
- Set the Uefi according to the guide I found here http://www.tonymacx86.com/99-quick-guide-configuring-uefi-gigabyte-s-7-series-lga-1155-boards.html.
(2 setting the guide did not mention, virtualization is off by default and there is no setting for 64 bit HEPT, don't know if these has something to do)
- I could boot into iBoot v.3.3.and then switched to the SL install DVD and press enter to install.
- The installation began to run and load with the gray apple screen, but after 5 min the screen went black and no more loading occurred and that it!
- I tried to disable the ati card and use the integrated card for the installation but after the 5 mins. the monitor turned white and nothing else happened.

I saw a few posts that people had success with z77 sandy bridge and SL and I thought lets go for it. But now I considering to even change the mobo. I found this list http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com.ar/2011/01/sandy-bridge-desktop-cpus-and.html (old) but i don't know if these mobos are fully supported.

Should I change the mobo? Can anyone suggest me a mobo that would really work with sandy bridge and SL? It doesn't have to be gigabite, besides the z68s chipset.

Here are the components I have for know:
i7 2600k
gigabyte ga-z77x-ud5h
corsair vengeance memories
1 500 gbs HD
XFX ati hd 6450 GP

Thank you very much for your help!!!!!

Hi to all!!

first thanks to Tony and all this community for the efforts to make all this possible!

Now to my question, I've been trying to install SL on a second hackintosh rig with a i7 2600k and a gigabyte ga-z77x-ud5h, but there is no way I could do it. The installation freezes after 5 min. of the white and gray apple loading screen and the monitor turns off and that's it.

I've been looking into many posts, but with no success to find a way to do it. I found out that this combination is not the best to run with SL, but currently where I am there are not z68 mobos anymote to follow the suggestions of the sandy bridge buyers guide. I'm wanting to use a sandy bridge processor because I use pro tools 9 for audio production and SL offers the best performance. There is even no version of it for ML.

Here is what I did:
- install 1 ram module 4 gb, 1 hd 500gb, just monitor mouse and keyboard.
- Set the Uefi according to the guide I found here http://www.tonymacx86.com/99-quick-guide-configuring-uefi-gigabyte-s-7-series-lga-1155-boards.html.
(2 setting the guide did not mention, virtualization is off by default and there is no setting for 64 bit HEPT, don't know if these has something to do)
- I could boot into iBoot v.3.3.and then switched to the SL install DVD and press enter to install.
- The installation began to run and load with the gray apple screen, but after 5 min the screen went black and no more loading occurred and that it!
- I tried to disable the ati card and use the integrated card for the installation but after the 5 mins. the monitor turned white and nothing else happened.

I saw a few posts that people had success with z77 sandy bridge and SL and I thought lets go for it. But now I considering to even change the mobo. I found this list http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com.ar/2011/01/sandy-bridge-desktop-cpus-and.html (old) but i don't know if these mobos are fully supported.

Should I change the mobo? Can anyone suggest me a mobo that would really work with sandy bridge and SL? It doesn't have to be gigabite, besides the z68s chipset.

Here are the components I have for know:
i7 2600k
gigabyte ga-z77x-ud5h
corsair vengeance memories
1 500 gbs HD
XFX ati hd 6450 GP

Thank you very much for your help!!!!!

Protooler81

Suggest looking at Amazon or NewEgg for a compatible Z68 motherboard that is on the DSDT list ...

Use only those Motherboards that have a DSDT or can use a Modifies BIOS like ASUS... (Gigabyte is first pick)

I would also search in the forums and the user builds success stories to get a build that has the information you need including such bit of information as the selections in MultiBeast. (Screen Shots).

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128498

Hi Totenkoft!

I did what you suggested me and went for the ga-z68x-ud3h-b3 mobo. Actually and casually was the only mobo I found in my country available.

But know I'm getting an issue with this built. I could get to install even the SL 10.6.7 update combo, but when I restart it cannot boot into the system. I get this message after the BIOS post:

Boot0:GPT
Boot0:test
Boot0:error

and then nothing happens. I tried to get into the system with iBoot but when the Apple load screen comes and starts to load with the spinning wheel, the monitor turn off after a few minutes and its gone!

To recap I could install SL 10.6.7 with the iboot and the typical BIOS Settings(sata: ACHI, HEPT:64bits, lowered the multiplier to 32x, 1 module of 4gb ram, 1hd toshiba 500gbs)

Than I set multibeast 3.10 using the DSDT for the mobo v.f12 downloaded from here, selected system utilities, usb 3 drivers, bootloader chimera 1.7, system definition Mac Pro 5.1, the last one would be 64 bit resolution apple screen, i lefted the graphics enabler= no unchecked.

reboot and no results! I tried to disable the onboard GPU since I have the Ati 6450 to see if I could get into the system but no luck!
Am I doing something wrong with the multibeast configuration?

Any suggestions on why I could not get into the system? I read a few post that could not boot beacause of the HD being to big for the system, but mine is just 500 gbs.

Well I hope I can get this running because it is supposed to work in my studio.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Hi Totenkoft!

I did what you suggested me and went for the ga-z68x-ud3h-b3 mobo. Actually and casually was the only mobo I found in my country available.

But know I'm getting an issue with this built. I could get to install even the SL 10.6.7 update combo, but when I restart it cannot boot into the system. I get this message after the BIOS post:

Boot0:GPT
Boot0:error

and then nothing happens. I tried to get into the system with iBoot but when the Apple load screen comes and starts to load with the spinning wheel, the monitor turn off after a few minutes and its gone!

To recap I could install SL 10.6.7 with the iboot and the typical BIOS Settings(sata: ACHI, HEPT:64bits, lowered the multiplier to 32x, 1 module of 4gb ram, 1hd toshiba 500gbs)

Than I set multibeast 3.10 using the DSDT for the mobo v.f12 downloaded from here, selected system utilities, usb 3 drivers, bootloader chimera 1.7, system definition Mac Pro 5.1, the last one would be 64 bit resolution apple screen, i lefted the graphics enabler= no unchecked.

reboot and no results! I tried to disable the onboard GPU since I have the Ati 6450 to see if I could get into the system but no luck!
Am I doing something wrong with the multibeast configuration?

Any suggestions on why I could not get into the system? I read a few post that could not boot beacause of the HD being to big for the system, but mine is just 500 gbs.

Well I hope I can get this running because it is supposed to work in my studio.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Protooler81

This condition of the Boot 0 (Zero) error is a common issue..
TonyMacX86 community has but together a guide for this -
http://www.tonymacx86.com/25-boot0-error-official-guide.html

If you were able to install the OSX from the guide and update to 10.6.7 - ok w/o Boot 0 error ( this is more of a problem w OSX ComboUPDATE 10.6.8 which should be about 1.2 GB in file size )

What I just ment was that your OK on 10.6.7 - and all works - then if you wanted to go to Mountain Loin you could - go ahead to and get to the APP store as this feature was in OSX 10.6.6 to 10.6.8:
Purchase ML download and make a UniBeast thumb drive. 10.6.8 IMHO has only fix's for ATI cards.

When you use MultiBeast - you need to make sure you run system utilities (check that box) and apply that before a reboot.

Also once you have finished w Apple Combo update ( dont matter what version) and have run MultiBeast you need to boot up w the command line -v -f PCIRootUID=1 GraphicsEnabler=No

the logic is - -v for screen mode : -f for "fresh Kext loads" not old one from prior installs.
PCIRootUID=1 set for discrete GFX card ( or set to 0 ) if internal GFX .
CraphicsEnabler means limited GFX functions w default display size etc.

If this get you to the desktop - try again (reboot) and leave off / make changes to some the the command line options like GraphicsEnabler ( change to yes)
drop use of -f : then rootuid then -v:
Till you get a desktop each time w/o using any commands

Once at this point I suggest you turn off automatic updates:
Although I would run it one time and select only the Apple Browser and iTunes updates nothing else.

Hi Pal! I have great news! I followed your advise and directions and I can boot now with any problems into SL.

I was so happy when I could boot after the command lines. Then I dropped one by one until I found out it was the CraphicsEnabler=No the one that it was working.

After that I remembered that I saw in multibeast that option under the 64 bit boot screen. I installed that and I can boot with any issues and the display resolutions work as well. Is it the right solution? Do you know what could be causing this issue? I thought the graphics enabler should work better in yes than in no mode. Maybe the onboard graphics card , but I disabled in the BIOS. Or what about the power management issue with sandy bridge? I thought 10.6.8 was ready for it? With so much info in these few days I'm a bit confused. Maybe the radeon 6450? I think next time I'll go for an nVidia 210 fanless.

I have rebooted many times and no do not have the issue anymore, just the screen turns a bit black but returns to the desktop normally ( is this normal with this graphics cards?).

Since I will not connect this one to the internet no need for the mac updates. I will also not use the on-board audio card so no I didn't need to enable those kexts too. I tried the usb 2 and 3 ports and they seem to work well, no panics while transferring long files (12 gbs).

So, I think this issue is gone , hope so!!

If you have any info about this issue or related I'll really appreciate it!!! And I'll make a guide so other will won't loose their time installing it like 100 times, haha!

Thank you and the community, lets keeps this alive!

Hi Pal! I have great news! I followed your advise and directions and I can boot now with any problems into SL.

I was so happy when I could boot after the command lines. Then I dropped one by one until I found out it was the CraphicsEnabler=No the one that it was working.

After that I remembered that I saw in multibeast that option under the 64 bit boot screen. I installed that and I can boot with any issues and the display resolutions work as well. Is it the right solution? Do you know what could be causing this issue? I thought the graphics enabler should work better in yes than in no mode. Maybe the onboard graphics card , but I disabled in the BIOS. Or what about the power management issue with sandy bridge? I thought 10.6.8 was ready for it? With so much info in these few days I'm a bit confused. Maybe the radeon 6450? I think next time I'll go for an nVidia 210 fanless.

I have rebooted many times and no do not have the issue anymore, just the screen turns a bit black but returns to the desktop normally ( is this normal with this graphics cards?).

Since I will not connect this one to the internet no need for the mac updates. I will also not use the on-board audio card so no I didn't need to enable those kexts too. I tried the usb 2 and 3 ports and they seem to work well, no panics while transferring long files (12 gbs).

So, I think this issue is gone , hope so!!

If you have any info about this issue or related I'll really appreciate it!!! And I'll make a guide so other will won't loose their time installing it like 100 times, haha!

Thank you and the community, lets keeps this alive!

Any gfx card that is fully supported in OS X works better with GE=no. GE=yes is for gfx cards that need something extra injected into the system to run properly. For supported cards GE=yes is only needed if you want to run more than one gfx card.

For AMD cards screen turning black or a medium plae blue after POST/before desktop is normal. On a "real" Mac Pro the blue screen has been known to last for more than 60 sec.

If you ever decide to update to 10.6.8 be sure to run UpdateHelper and reboot before running the update combo - UH has some needed files for Sandy Bridge to be able to update without KP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back